Chapter 5 - Trouble

Boyfriend stumbled back and leaned his back against the brick wall. He quickly grabbed his bag and began to scurry through it to make sure he had everything. matte paint, watercolor set, pain brushes, a palette, sponges. Everything was in check making Boyfriend look up at Pico with a nervous frown. Pico looked back at him, "What happened? Did you forget something?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

He shook his head, "No it's not that. I was just thinking, who are we staying with exactly?.." He asked, his frown growing as anxiety began to well up inside of his body. "Some friends from elementary to middle school. Haven't spoken to them in a while but I promise they're good people.. or well decent people." Pico responded with a small snort at the end. "Decent people?.." Boyfriend questioned which made Pico shrug. "I'll explain later." But that answer only made Boyfriend freak out a bit more.

"But babe! What if they've changed, you only knew them in elementary to middle school! They were kids, what the hell do you expect them to do burn shit up or even hurt people?!" Boyfriend scattered with words as he began to fidget with his sleeves. Pico huffed, "Pretty spot on.." He mumbled to himself but then turned his attention back to the worried individual. "It's okay babe, I know how they are. They won't do anything. Trust me." He said, bringing down his mask and giving Boyfriend a sincere smile. The fellow blinked for a couple seconds and sighed before nodding, "Alright fine.. Sorry for the panic, I'm just-.. paranoid." Boyfriend sighed again with a small scowl. "Don't worry I get it, softie."

Pico brought up his mask again, "How about we do a quick rap to calm you down, we haven't done one in a while." Pico suggested with a shrug, turning to Boyfriend. The other perk up, "Rap? Y-Yeah it's a been a while." He nervously chuckled. Pico moved his bag closer to his body and took out a small speaker. He connected to speaker to his phone and crouched down next to the speaker. "One, two, three, go!" He said with a hum which made Boyfriend laugh. Pico played a familiar song which made the fellow blush.

The song came to an end with a vermillion tint appearing on Boyfriend's fair skin. Pico flushed as he turned away, "How was that?" Boyfriend asked, averting his gaze to the ground. "You did great! I knew you could do it!" He mumbled, bringing up his mask nervously. "Really?" The blue haired fellow felt a bit overwhelmed as he beamed a smile. "Mhm, though.. we should probably get a move on before-.." Pico was cut off by heavy footsteps entering the alleyway.

Both of them began to feel anxious as Pico grabbed his bag and the speaker. He got closer to Boyfriend grabbing the other's hand and intertwining their fingers. A blue haired man with a nicely framed face appeared from the shadows, a cigarette in hand. His leaden eyes landing on the two boys, "Sport! We've been looking for you." He said, his tone full of annoyance but a smile plastered on his face.

Boyfriend squeaked and froze, he couldn't move. Pico scowled, "What the hell are you doing here?!" He uttered as irritation filled his raspy voice. "Hey, I was just looking for my son." He looked at Pico and then turned his attention to Boyfriend. "I see you're hanging out with that street rat again. What did your mother and I say about him?" His father said with a frown. Boyfriend stayed silent as shock and discomfort engulfed his body. His father took a step closer, "It's time we head home, Benjamin." He muttered as his lips curled into a forced smile with his eyes wrinkling close.

"N-No!.." Boyfriend said at last, his voice shaky and quivering. "What?" His father asked, opening his eyes again and raising an eyebrow. "I won't-.. I won't go with you!" Boyfriend shouted as he tightened his grip on Pico's hand. He turned around and ran deeper into the alleyway, a door at the very end which had a sign that said 'Employees Only'. "H-Hey!" His father shouted, his voice getting quieter the deeper they ran. Boyfriend looked at the door and grabbed the doorknob, running inside while dragging Pico along.

The two were in a dark room full of boxes and alcohol. Boyfriend squinted trying to see deeper in the room but to no avail. A couple seconds pass and the sound of someone walking towards the room echoes outside the room. Pico flinched and out of reflex grabbed Boyfriend's hand and left the room going back into the alleyway.

Outside, Boyfriend's father stood puffing out smoke with a smile on his face. "I knew you'd come back." He said. "Now Benjamin, come with m-.." Pico shook a can of purple spray paint and prayed it on the old mans face. "Fuck you!" He screamed before dragging the shocked Boyfriend out of the alleyway. The two continued to run until they found themselves at the central park.

oh shit