chapter 16

Ereni

As I was about to turn a corner, I abruptly stopped when I saw the sight in front of me.

 It was Nebula And Garmora, and they both had their electric blasters drawn. Gamora had hers pointing at Nebula, and Nebula had hers pointed at… herself? Why were there two Nebulas?

"Nebula!” I announced and the three of them all turned to look at me.

“Nebula, no one has to get hurt,'' I said while going to approach her slowly. 

“Just give me the Stones and no one will get hurt.” 

"You don't have to do this,” said the Nebula by Gamora.

This is very frightening I thought while looking back and forth between the two.

"I do," the Nebula with the gun pointed at me said, as she was going to shoot me, but before she could do so the other Nebula had already shot her. 

I walked to her side to retrieve the Infinity gauntlet and started making my way out.

 She should be appreciative that she died from her own hands and not mine I thought while I continued walking.

We had finally made it out of the felling building and were now ready for the fight that we knew was awaiting us.

I looked around and my gaze stopped upon the three men that were fighting Thanos, and to be honest, it looked like they needed help, which I would be glad to give. 

Before I could go to help, Dr. Banner stopped me. “He has an army with him if they see that you have the Stones there going to kill you.”

I looked at him with a question. "Dr. Banner? If you brought everyone back, then where are they?”

“I –” 

Before he could answer, portals started opening up out of nowhere, leaving us speechless as we watched who came out of them. 

“Does that answer your question?” Rocket asked. 

“What do we do now?” Mr. Rhodes asked. 

“Wait for Steve to give us the signal,” Bruce said while getting ready just like the rest of us were.

"Avengers assemble!”

Everyone started running towards Thanos and the black order, while I was trying to figure out what to do with the Infinity gauntlet.

"Delta! Give it to me,” King T'Challa said, while talking out one of the blk order. 

“Please do not let him get this,” I said, handing it to him.  

I started raising large pieces of the broken concrete and began sending them towards the blk order.

But it was Thanos who was my main target. I started looking for him, but it was difficult with everyone running around so I began raising myself off the ground in order to find him, and low and behold there he was trying to get to the gauntlet that was being passed around from one individual to the next! 

"You’re mine,” I said, but before I could make my way to him someone snatched me by the leg and threw me to the ground. 

"You're pathetic, Ereni-Delta. Instead of standing with us and honoring your brother and your people, you are fighting with these people?” Kazaa said while putting her boot on my neck, without her knowledge I began moving a large piece of concrete.

“There is no honor in this! And I will not let him get the Stones!”

"Then you shall die with these words with humans,'' she said, going to stab me with her scepter before I had the chance to crush the concrete.

But someone had already shot her in the head, making her fall by my side.

"You’re welcome.” I looked up at a smiling James who was holding out his hand for me.

  “I appreciate your help, but I most definitely had her,” I said, while smiling back at him. 

“Sure.” 

“As much as I would love to keep this going darling I have an Infinity gauntlet that I must keep from my brother.” 

I was almost to Thanos but I looked up to see that someone had taken down Thanos’ ship – as they should. 

Moving my attention back to Thanos, I began raising the largest pieces of concrete that were around him and him as well. It was time to end this. 

I threw all the pieces of concrete at him. 

"Oh, my dear sister, you still give your assistance to these ungrateful creatures, trying to help undo what was always meant to happen. Instead of standing by your own flesh and blood,” he said. At the same time, he grabbed one of the pieces of concrete and threw it at me.

"But I see now what must occur,” he started taking large steps towards me with his weapon in hand, but before he could raise his weapon at me a hammer came from out of nowhere, knocking him down.

“Thank you, Captain Rogers, but I assure you that I had him,” I said.

 “Sure you did.”

We both looked to see the Infinity gauntlet flying around by a… spider person? And the blk was right behind him. 

"Captain Rogers, don't let them get the gauntlet!” I yelled at him. 

He looked around to see what I was referring to and then he started running towards the boy.

I was making my way to him, but someone snatched me back and threw me to the other side – far from where the Infinity gauntlet was.

"I shall have – ahh!” I let out as someone attacked me from behind and we were both rolling around on the ground. 

I looked to my left and saw a sharp piece of glass and went to use it but someone stomped on my hand to keep me from doing so.

    With a grunt, I grabbed the one on top of me and threw him at the other person. 

" Now where is th –” 

“NO, NO!” I said and began flying as fast as I could because Thanos and Mr. Stark were fighting to get the Infinity gauntlet. “No, no, no! Please don't let him get it.”

Before Thanos could put the Infinity gauntlet on, Miss Danvers and I grabbed his hand and Miss Danvers was about to use one of her powers. Thanos managed to pull her off and threw her at me, causing us to stumble onto the ground.

"I am inevitable,” he said as he put the Infinity gauntlet on. 

“No!” I yelled as he snapped his fingers… but nothing happened. 

"And I am Iron Man.” 

Thank you so much LinguisticsAddict for being my editor for this story I really appreciate you for it😭😚