Chapter 4: Old Friend

Kaigura POV:

What did she just call me? A creep? And she took the clothes as well? Strange. I spent a few minutes to process what had just happened. Ok. I'm fine. I walk back into class, realizing that the first period is halfway finished. I put away my bag and open my book. Independent study.

The first two periods go by quickly.

"You may be excused." Sensei says.

The class is in a hurry to get to break. I reach into my bag and find my bento. At least I tried to. I emptied out the bag. Books, pencil case, pencil shavings, bottle. Darn it. I forgot it.

I sit at my table, zoned out to everything and everyone in the world.

"Hi."

"W-huh?" I say, startled.

Inko, now dressed in proper uniform, was standing next to me, holding a box.

"My payment." she says.

"Uhh, thanks?" I reply.

I gratefully take the box and open it. She's still standing there. Please just go.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Your name." she replies.

"What?"

"Yes, your name."

"Kenshi. Kaigura Kenshi." 

"Thank you." she says. "I'm Inko Hawari."

"Good to know." I say blatantly. She walks away.

Inko POV:

Gosh... He's so dense! I swear I was getting the chills! I grab my bento and start eating my rice.

"Hey girl!"

"Huh?" I question.

"Inko? I didn't think you were coming to this school?"

"Hanabi? What are you doing here?" I say, flabbergasted. "I haven't even seen you in seven years! I didn't think you got accepted into this school!"

"Wow, I know right? It's been so long! Wanna eat with us?" Hanabi Yui suggested.

"You know I wouldn't say no."

"Ok girl! Come here!"

I follow Hanabi to the yard. 3 girls sitting on a long bench look at me and Hanabi.

"Hi guys, this is Inko Hawari, shes my childhood friend! She just moved here, and she's going to be sitting with us!" Hanabi says.

"Hi!" both of the girls comment.

"This is Akari Aoi." Hanabi tells me, and points to a girl with long red hair.

"Enjoy your stay!" she answers.

"And this is Kazuko Mayuko!" Hanabi says and points to a girl with hazel eyes.

"Hello Inko!" Mayuko tells me.

"Hi." I say.

I sit down and open my bento. Leftover tempura from last night. I eat it and almost spit it out. Cold tempura is horrible. Absolutely horrible. I hear laughter behind me. I turn around.

Kaigura POV:

"Yo, come here man!" Ryu peers into the classroom.

"I'm coming, wait at the table." I tell him.

Grabbing my box, I quickly grabbed some chopsticks and ran to the yard. I see Inko and Hanabi. I turn to the other table. Its Ryuji, Shigekazu and Rei.

"Shi, Rei, did you hear about the new girl?" Ryuji says.

"Of course we do man! She's entertainment topic around the school!" Shigekazu jokes.

The three burst into laughter. They sound like baboons. I feel slightly annoyed.

Inko turns around and sees the three boys laughing. I swore I saw her face flush a bit.

I open the box to find tempura. Cold tempura. I ate it. Delicious. Inko's a good cook.

I find a tiny rock and throw it at her back. She turns and looks angrily at me. I do hand signals. Tempura. Good. You. Good. Cook. She looks confused at first, then gets the idea. She smiles sheepishly, her cheeks flushing a little.

I smile back and continue eating.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi readers. Today I found out that story writing is a lot more time consuming that I thought. Just this chapter, which is 581 words, took 2 hours. I really hope that I actually survive writing this book. Thanks for your support.

Yours sincerely,
Isaac