Chapter 7: A Day Out

Inko POV:

The door shuts and I sit on the bed. The blinds on the windows rise and fall, and I tuck myself into the blankets.

"Well. His backstory is sad." I sigh. My eyelids feel heavy. Soon enough, I fall asleep.

ZZZZ.

I feel a vibration in my hand.

I groan.

Ken: Where should we go?

Inko: Let's go to the mall!

Ken: Sure, meet me outside your dorm.

Inko: Ok!

I jump out of bed and take a bath. The shampoo is almost empty. The last of the shampoo falls out of the lid.

"I gotta get a new one. I'll get one at the mall today." I remind myself.

After the bath, I get dressed. A peach jumper and baby blue track pants. I grab the denim jacket and my purse and head to the bottom floor of the dorm.

Kenshi is waiting for me. He's wearing a black hoodie with the sleeves rolled up and blue ripped jeans.

"Let's go!" I say.

"Sure."

"So how are we going to get there?" I ask.

"Take the bus. How else?" Ken sighs.

"I was just asking!" I groan.

"Ok, follow me." He tells me.

He starts to run and I tail behind him. After a minute of running, we get to the bus stop.

"You're already puffed out! Do better!" Ken laughs.

"Come on!" I protest.

"Get onto the bus. It's here."

"Oh! It is!"

I hop onto the bus. The bus is packed. We walk to the back. There's one seat left.

"You take it. I'm fine standing." Ken says.

"No... Maybe you take it." I reply.

"No. Really. Just take it."

"Ok."

I sit down on the chair and Ken holds onto the rail next to me.

We sit in silence until we reach the mall.

"It's our stop. Let's get off." Ken says.

"Ok!"

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"Nope."

"Ok. We'll get some food there. I haven't eaten either."

We walk into the mall. Rows of shops on the walls had started opening. Adults had come with their children. A big marble fountain stood in the middle of the lobby. Greenery surrounded the mall like a jungle."

"It's beautiful!" I exclaim.

"You haven't been here?" Ken asks.

"Nope!"

"Well, follow me. I know a good place."

Ken grabs my hand and we run to a restaurant. In big, red letters, the sign on the store read: Shokumotsu Donburi. The colour of the letters probably matches my face colour.

"Irasshaimase! How many people are in your group, Kenshi?"

"Two people," Kenshi replies and holds up 2 fingers.