Chapter 6: Memory Flash

Inko POV:

"He's such an idiot!" I think and throw myself onto the bed. My face buried in the mound of pillows, I groan. The door opens.

"Hello!" I shout towards the front door.

"Hawari... Is that you?"

"Hanabi?" I asked.

"Oh my god, it is you! I didn't know you were my room mate!" she squeals with excitement.

"Hanabiiiiiii!" I scream and hug her.

She drops her bags and wraps her arms around me.

"I have some food!" she says. "We can eat it for dinner."

"Thanks, but I'm not that hungry." I say. My stomach growls. I look down, and Hanabi smirks.

"Are you sure?" Hanabi asks me.

"Uhh... I think." I tell her, flustered.

We walk towards the dining room and she plops an orange bag onto the table. I grab 2 plates and utensils. She opens the bag. Suddenly, a rich, savoury aroma had spread around the room.

"What is that? How can I smell it from the kitchen?" I exclaim.

"Come and see for yourself." she says.

I walk to the table, with the plates and utensils. On the table were thre boxes. Inside were some crispy, golden, steaming fugu karaage (deep fried pufferfish). Two smaller containers were next to them, one with slices of sudachi lime. The other had been wrapped in plastic. I took off the cover, and a cloud of steam flew out. After the smoke had cleared, there was a dashi soup with cubes of tofu.

"Wh...What?" I gasp. "How much did you spend?"

"A lot of money! It was worth it!" she laughs. I feel my mouth salivating. The smell was just so, so good.

"You can bring the extra box to one of your friends." she says.

"Lets eat!" I say.

I grab some rice bowls and scoop some rice into them.

"One box each." Hanabi tells me.

I take the nearest box.

Kaigura POV:

I kicked a rock on the path. She was so abrupt about the accident. She could've at least apologized, or said it nicely. I opened the dorm door.

"Hey Ken." Hiroto says.

"Hi Hiroto." I yawn.

"You seem a little off. And you're late. What have you been up to?"

"Hiroto, you sound like a parent."

"Talking back now are you?"

He laughs. "But really. What happened."

"Went to a friend's house."

"Oh. I thought you were seeing a girl or something."

"Now why would I do that?"

"I dunno." Hiroto goes back to his phone.

I roll my eyes and go to the kitchen. Now... what to cook. I look through the drawers. I steam some rice and grab ingredients for miso soup. I take some beef from the freezer and thaw it in the microwave. Miso soup was ready after an hour. So was the hamburger steak.

"Hey! Hiroto! Dinner's ready!" I shout.

"Coming." he groans. I hear a grunt, and footsteps. He sits down at the table, phone still in hand, and starts eating.

Bound By FateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara