||

02
____
the door behind them clicked open to find seungmin's father exiting out of his office only to stop and glance at the two who were already hand in hand.

he smiled, "i see you've met each other already."

seungmin looked back to find hyunjin still interlocking his hands with him and yanked away them apart with a disgusted look on his face. the tint of blush not going unnoticed.

"what the hell!?i don't even know him dad!" seungmin faced his father, unable to look at hyunjin after their unexpected skinship.

"calm down son. if you don't know each other then i expect you to start introducing yourselves since hyunjin is going to look after you from now on."

"your making me sound like a kid who can't take care of himself.." the embarrassment seeped through seungmin's system as he looked down, annoyed.

"well, that is true—"

"dad!"

his father chuckled and looked up to hyunjin who remained silent with the same emotionless figure he kept the moment he was introduced.

"you're aware of everything right?" he asked hyunjin, only getting a nod in response.

"good. i'll get going now." he glanced towards seungmin one last time, "be kind to him, seungmin." he ordered before turning away and fading from their view.

seungmin of course heard him and watched his figure disappear from his view. it was all silent except for the footsteps that gradually decreased from their hearing.

the sudden bell ringing was louder than usual because of the empty hallways.

seungmin felt a smirk form on his lips as he started sprinting the opposite direction of where hyunjin stood.

for once, he thought he could run away from his father's responsibilities. he reached the classroom he was supposed to be attending and saw the crowds of students exiting out. there is no way he could find me in these crowded halls he thought.

he dashed between the crowds and caught sight of his bestfriend between them all. his face lit up as he immediately ran towards him.

felix had to stop the conversation between him and jeongin to glance at the male who was panting with his hands on his knees. he was all flushed and sweating as if he just ran a mile,

"seungmin? you okay?"

seungmin finally stood straight to face him, "i have no time to explain. can we talk somewhere else—"

"the only place you'll be allowed to go right now, is the cafeteria." the honey laced voice made seungmin flinch. he could easily read his friend's confused and shocked expressions as he turned around to find hyunjin looking down at him.

how'd he even catch up to me? he internally questioned but knew it was pointless to ask. instead he focused on ignoring the male.

"let's go to the roof." he suggested, dragging his friends out of the classroom only to be stopped by a hand placed on his shoulder.

"i'm afraid you didn't hear me. i said the only place you'll be allowed to go is—"
"the cafeteria, yea i know." seungmin interrupted, rolling his eyes as he could already predict what the male was intending to say.

"hey seungmin, what's going on? and who's he?" jeongin asked making seungmin even more annoyed.

"nobody, hes just—"