XX

20

[TW: Homophobia]

_________
"have you heard hwang hyunjin and kim seungmin are rumored to be dating!?"

"wasn't hyunjin dating han jisung?"

"kim seungmin is gay!?"

"such a pity for hwang hyunjin to be rumored only to date kim seungmin! he's so handsome and probably just wants a girlfriend."

"kim seungmin is just like his father."

"a house full of f*ggots. pathetic."

"how do they even deserve to be the second most richest company when all of them are homosexuals!?"

seungmin couldn't bare another second of the whispers and threatens he was getting just by walking down the hallway of students.

it's been a whole week since the rumor was spread but he'd never been this humiliated, let alone made fun of because of his sexuality. his father was very accepting of his sexuality but not everyone around him

all his life, he'd been told to avoid homophobic rumors but this had reached beyond his limits.

shame was what he was being washed over. no matter how hard he tried plugging his ears, their words wouldn't leave his mind.

he kept his head low and clutched on his fists. his breath was getting unsteady and tears threatening to spill out.

with a thick gulp through his dry throat, he hitched his breath and let a single tear roll down his rosy cheeks.

"seungmin!" he immediately felt a pair of arms wrap around him.

he finally felt those harsh comments blocking out, replaced by soft and encouraging words like- "it's gonna be okay, your safe now. don't listen to them, i love you okay?"

he sniffled and nodded against the males embrace. he pulled out once he realized they were outside and showed his bestfriend a warm smile, "thanks felix.."

felix smiled back and caressed the back of his head, "it's fine minnie. just let me know if you have an attack again, alright?"

seungmin nodded and gave the male another long lasting hug.

they were rudely disturbed by an awkward cough heard next to them. "kim seungmin," the voice said in a rather strict tone.

seungmin pulled out and glanced at hyunjin who raised an eyebrow at him, "shall we get going now?"

felix gave him a pat on the back, motioning that it was okay. "i'll see you later alright bubs?"

seungmin gave him a nod and waved the male off. he turned away and began walking back to the car waiting for him in the driveway.

he swiftly got in as hyunjin did the same next to him.

"can we go to my favorite cafè? i was planning on meeting up with a few friends there." he requested the driver only receiving a nod. 

then the car ride began and it was filled with silence. but a comfortable one.

the two boys had gotten quite closer and nothing much changed since the past week. hyunjin explained how he'd be struggling with his relationship with jisung because of the rumors and pictures on the media. seungmin was internally celebrating to himself but had to play dumb and tried his best supporting hyunjin throughout his complications.

besides, he also suffered various consequences on the rumors so why should he feel bad about jisung?

but it still hurt seeing hyunjin suffer because of his boyfriend. it showed that hyunjin still had some feelings towards him. which only triggered seungmin.

he was falling for hyunjin deeper each day. no matter how hard he restricted himself from it.

"your stop." the driver spoke, while the car came to a stop in front of the cafè that was requested.

hyunjin opened the door for seungmin as he entered the cafè.

he was greeted by chan giving him a wave and a very red jeongin sipping on his drink.

seungmin chuckled on the sight and approached the two with a smug as hyunjin stayed back and went to receive a call outside.

"hey seungmin. how was school?" chan asked.

"it was boring." seungmin replied, "i'll have my usual. and jeongin's gonna pay this time. he owes me." he said with a smirk again.

"why?" chan questioned while punching down on his register.

"i gave him your number." seungmin replied while chan just chuckled and shook his head.

"come to think of it, i owe you too." . he pulled out his wallet, reaching out to his black card, only to be stopped by jeongin who had taken ahold of his wrist.

"n-no! i said i would pay..you should let me pay." he insisted, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his large sized sweater and pulling out a few crumpled dollar bills.

chan shook his head, "no, it's fine jeongin. it's not even a lot to pay for let me—"

"no hyung! it's on me—"

"it's really fine, i'm older than the two of you let me—"

"no no! i promised him i would pay and i—"

"jeongin it's really nothing just let me—"

seungmin groaned in annoyance and rolled his eyes, "can you both knock it off!? i get y'all are trying to be generous but my usual is literally just an iced americano."

chan and jeongin sighed in unison and eyed each other.

"fine." chan replied, sliding his own card to pay for his americano.

jeongin didn't bug him this time and quietly took his crumpled pieces of paper back and stuffed them in his pockets like how they were before.

"my legs are tired. i'm gonna go sit." jeongin said, leaving the two alone and taking a seat far away from them.

of course, seungmin and chan sensed that he was being sulky and watched the male pout while fidgeting with his extra straw.

"he's mad at me isn't he?" chan asked.

seungmin nodded in response, "yup, you better make up to him. he doesn't like people who don't accept his generosity."

chan sighed and nodded, "i'll talk to him then. thanks for the info."

seungmin shook his head; "you still owe me." he winked

"that's true." chan agreed. "what do you want, kid?"

"get rid of hyunjin for me." seungmin suggested.

chan almost choked and thought the male was joking at first but seungmin still had the serious look on his face. "but i thought you liked him?"

"i do but, it's frustrating to know that he doesn't like me back."

chan scoffed, "i doubt that. have you seen the way he looks at you?"

"probably not the same way he looks at his boyfriend." seungmin mumbled.

"oh yeah. i forgot he had a boyfriend. but didn't he confess to you?"

"he did," seungmin was handed his iced americano, he took a fresh sip and continued, "but i don't think he means it. he still hasn't broken up with his boyfriend."

"maybe he's not ready."

"well, i'm not waiting forever, so just do the job please. i'll even pay you extra if i need to."

chan shook his head at stubborn male. "fine with me. don't come crying back to me later, saying you want him back."

"i won't..

right?"
.
.
.