V

05
_____
hyunjin stopped midway through the mansion's hallway. the cause of it being silent sniffles heard from seungmin's bedroom. the door was closed yet anybody could hear the faint noises of sobbing.

he hesitated for a while, debating whether he should go in or not.

after a while of arguing with himself, he gave up and immediately twisted the knob of the door for it to swing open.

he didn't know what he expected, but had to admit his heart did skip a beat on seeing seungmin curled up in a corner of his room with a purple blanket thrown on top of his body in attempt for his tears to soak away in its warmth.

at first, he had no idea on how to react. he stood there clueless with his blank expression forming a small frown, but nobody notices that.

it was all silent until seungmin spoke up and said; "w-what do you want hwang?" he tried to sound strict and arrogant but that failed due to the voice crack formed in his voice.

he didn't want hyunjin to be there. he didn't want hyunjin to see him in that state. he didn't want hyunjin to think he was just some crybaby on his first day.

he didn't want anybody to know the weaker side of himself. so he quickly wiped away the tears when hyunjin didn't respond.

his knees were sturdy when he stood up, almost not supporting the balance of his own body but he somehow managed to stand through the soreness of his legs.

"tell my dad i won't make it to dinner." he said. ready to turn away and cry in his bathroom while he was showering,

"wait." hyunjin made him stop in between, or attempted to. seungmin could already feel the tears brimming up his eyes when he heard his voice and immediately ran towards his bathroom, completely ignoring how hyunjin tried to stop him.

guilt. was what hyunjin felt.

and he couldn't even know why. seeing seungmin break down right in front of his eyes was hurtful to him. he was too shocked to even recover from what he felt when he saw seungmin.

all these feelings were sudden and most definitely new to him.

when he heard the shower running in seungmin's bathroom he glanced at the locked door. the sobbing along with the shower water hitting the tiles didn't go unnoticed.

.

seungmin stepped out of the shower with his teary puffed eyes and a towel secured around his waist. his hair was still wet and dripping water on its ends, trailing down to his well defined body.

he glanced around his empty bedroom. finding his closet door kept wide open and an outfit consisting of a baby blue sweater paired with ripped jeans neatly laid down on his bed.

the unexpectedness caught him off guard as he didn't even notice a small note on his bedside table.

when he was reaching out to his phone on the table siding to his bed, only then he noticed the letter.

"wear this outfit and meet me at the gates."
— Hwang Hyunjin

seungmin furrowed his eyebrows together, wondering why hyunjin possibly wanted to meet him outside at this hour.

he peaked through a small corner of his window by pushing aside the curtains only to find pitch black darkness outside. he could almost see his own reflection if it wasn't for the car parked outside.

his vision narrowed towards the vehicle when he spotted hyunjin waiting next to it as he leaned against the vehicle and a small cloud of smoke blowing out his lips.