Four weeks?!

Kongpob did the first nappy change while Arthit just watched in shock.

"Did you expect that?" He asked him, watching as Kongpob expertly swapped out the diaper for a new one from their bag.

"Not really," he replied. "But, then, I hadn't seen what was in this bag. There's diapers and formula milk and toys and a baby sling and a night light. Seems like it's going to be pretty realistic. Here.." he passed over their 'daughter' to Arthit and put away the soiled diaper as he turned to watch the other 'couples' dealing with feeding and wet nappies in the corridor around them.

"Looks like Bright and Maprang might need some help," Arthit said, pointing at the couple who were struggling to stick the diaper on correctly.

Immediately Kongpob went over to help and while he was gone, Arthit looked down at the sack of rice he was holding (now wearing a diaper).

"What kind of trouble are you going to bring?" He whispered to her, moving her to rest comfortably in the crook of his arm.

Eventually the first, second and third years had all quieted their wailing babies (with supervision from Kongpob, which had made Arthit's chest feel tight with pride.) Together, they had gathered everything and one partner held their child while the other carried the supplies.

"Shall we head out and see if all the other classes have children as noisy as ours?" May asked, cradling her baby to her chest as M watched her in awe.

They all agreed and, as one, herded out into the canteen area.

Around them, they could hear the sound of more crying and saw the rest of the groups doing exactly the same thing they had just done.

"Man, this noise is going to get old fast!" Oak complained as tables of students who were not taking part stared at them in interest. "I feel like we're in a zoo!"

"Not sure I'd pay to watch us trying to be parents," M quipped as he scooted past them, following May who had muttered that they should eat quickly before the baby started crying again.

"Yes! Let's do that!" Bright agreed, and they all trooped off to find a table.

Arthit naturally made his way towards Knot who was sitting with the rest of their friends and rocking his own baby in one giant bicep as it cried.

"It's not working, Fang!" He complained as Kongpob deposited their bag of things on the table and took a seat, reaching out to take their child from Arthit.

"I'll get us lunch," he said and then wandered away before his Phi could refuse.

"Where's your baby, Arthit?" Fang asked as she lifted theirs from Knot's arms and began to rock it.

"Oh, Kongpob took her," he replied absentmindedly as he watched Knot take a diaper from his bag.

"Huh?" Knot said, reaching out for the baby again, "Why does Kongpob have your baby?"

Arthit stared at him, trying to formulate a response, when Bright interrupted, "Because they've had a baby together of course" he yelled gleefully, catching the attention of almost everyone around them and turning Arthit bright red once more.

"Bright!" He threatened as he watched Knot's reaction.

But his best friend just shrugged and said, "Well, that's good. Nong' Kongpob has a good brain on his shoulders, I'm sure he'll be a great dad." As he continued to try and fix a new diaper to his bag of rice, "Why is this so hard when it's an inanimate object?" He grunted, almost elbowing Fang in the face as he struggled with it.

"Shall I show you?" Kongpob asked as he arrived back at the table, baby balanced in one arm, plates of food and a bag of drinks in the other.

"Yes!" Knot and Fang exclaimed eagerly as he placed the food and drinks on the table and handed their baby to Arthit.