Castle in the sky

1st May 1994

"So... will I meet the king straight away... or am I not meeting him at all? like what's even happening because I don't know a whole lot" the poor drivers ear off the whole way to the castle, I'm pretty sure he's sick of his life by this point "Uhmm I'm not too sure... when you arrive you will meet the Kings servant and bodyguard Tiger who will show you to your room.... don't be scared by what he looks like... he's a nice guy... he will see to all your needs... so if you have any questions... ask him".

I remain silent for the rest of my journey, taking a moment to appreciate the views from my window. The wheels screech across the gravel when he pulls up "Okay Miss Montague... we're here.... just take your suitcase and Tiger will be waiting across the bridge". I swing the car door open and nervously get out, immediately gazing up at the wondrous castle. It's such a beautiful castle surrounded by trees and wildlife. The moonlight shines down on the castle, creating a silvery aura. I've never been up close to a castle before, this being my very first. I walk across the brown wooden bridge with my suitcase dragging at my heels. I'm utterly captivated by this castle and this country, everything is so magical, like in a fantasy.

Suddenly my view is blocked by a humongous, bulky African man with long black dreadlocks, staring down at me "Oh uhmm... I-I... I'm.... Delphine Montague". He reaches down and grabs the suitcase from my hand and gestures me in front of him "This way miss... we have been expecting you". "So... is the king... here.... like right now?" He nods his head, continuing his giant strides towards the castle "Indeed.... but he is very busy.... please... do not seek him out". "Oh... no of course not... I wouldn't dream of it.... Am I the first to arrive ?" He nods his head again as he leads me round the outside of the castle, letting me gaze upon the beauty of the gardens "Yes.... His majesty wanted you to be the first to arrive". "Really? wow.... I---I'm flattered" The garden he's leading me through is full of beautiful flowers and a small waterfall in the center. It looks more like a courtyard with benches around the outside so people can enjoy the sun "Indeed miss".

He stops suddenly in his tracks when a beautiful black dog emerges from the bushes. It's quite a large dog with thick fur like main and a long bushy tale. His claws look razor sharp and his fangs are like daggers. "Oh!!... Uhm..." I stumble back a few steps, feeling nervous as it approaches "Don't worry miss... he's very friendly I promise". "Who does he belong to? what's his name?" The giant dog stops right in front of me and sits, waiting patiently for me to acknowledge him "His name is.... Coal.... He is the kings Wolf". "Oh!! He's a wolf? I wondered why he's so big" The black beast leans in and swipes his tongue across my knuckles "He's so adorable!!". I immediately drop to my knees and smother the beautiful creature in kisses and strokes "Awhh... aren't you just the sweetest thing!!". "He likes you miss" I burst out giggling when he licks my cheek, leaving behind a trail of saliva "I like him too!!".

After giving Coal some love and attention he guides me through the garden. Coal sticks to my side the whole way, he seems very curious about me and keeps sniffing me. He comes to a stop at the bottom of a long staircase "Please... after you Miss Montague".