Adrian

6th May 1994

"Hey... do you guys... know Adrian?" Looking between Simon and Tessa for answers. They both ruffle their brows together, looking at me like I'm crazy "Who's Adrian?". "The other night... I met him when I was walking back from the library... he was so.....so... charming" Simon rolls his eyes at me but Tessa leans forward eager to hear more "What does he look like? who is he?". "He has long dark brown hair and bright green eyes... pale skin and he's so tall.... I asked if he got a letter too but he said he was a guest here".

"I swear... I had to have a cold shower the morning after meeting him... nobody has ever gotten under my skin like that" Tessa giggles at me, shaking her head in disbelief "Have you seen him since then?". "No... But maybe if I go back to the library tonight.. I might see him... Or that's what I'm hoping at least" Biting my lip in anticipation, hoping my plan works out well. "Well... you'll have to be dressed for him.. in case he does show up" I ruffle my brows together, wondering what she has in mind "Hmm.... alright... you can pick out what I'm gonna wear... but nothing Slutty".

I look myself over in the mirror, shaking my hips to watch the dress shimmy with me. She picked out my dark red mini velvet dress and a pair of black heels but I decided to just go barefoot. I start heading down the hallway, my usual shortcut root to the library which no one else seems to use apart from me but so far no one has stopped me. I hum out a tune by Ella Fitzgerald as I tiptoe my way down the endless hall. 

"You're my funny valentine... sweet comic valentine" Humming and twirling as I sing away to myself. I halt in my steps when the echo of footsteps comes down the hall behind me. I bite my lip and continue down the hall, hoping to lure him down "Is your figure... less than Greek.. is your mouth a little weak...." I delicately sing out the lyrics. I come to a stop at the library door, glancing over my shoulder to see him slowly making his way down. I slip through the small gap and jog into the library, making my way over to my favourite section. I'm pretending to read a random book, not paying any attention to the footsteps coming up behind me.

"Sweet Della... you have the voice of an angel" I try my best to hold it back but, the small giggle fights its way past my barricade of lips. I twirl around on the spot to see him standing there looking just as enchanting as the other night. Tonight he's wearing a black waistcoat and white shirt, showing off his bulging biceps which don't fail to draw my attention in. "I've been asking about you... but nobody seems to know who you are... Adrian... I was beginning to worry you were a part of my imagination... which means I must have quite the imagination to think you up" He elicits a quiet laugh while he inches closer to me "I promise... I'm as real as the moon in the sky". The way he talks and the things he says is so beautiful, almost like poetry. "So... How come... nobody knows who you are?" He curves his lips into that perfect smile "Because sweet Della... they haven't met me yet... but don't worry... they will soon". "So... I'm the only woman your currently meeting with at night?" He purses his pale pink lips as he plucks up my hand, kissing me softly "The only one". 

"Your... dress... is beautiful" I bite my lip as my cheeks burn bright pink, looking away so he doesn't make it worse "Thank you... Red... is my favourite colour". ".... such beauty... sweet Della" My breath hitches when he caresses my blushing cheek, his cold skin sending tingles through my body. His bright green orbs lure me into another trance, gradually turning me to mush "I--I... like gold and pink too". I shake my head after the words slip from my mouth, trying to regain my focus. I honestly have no idea why I just said that, It's like he forced it out of me.

After a moment of gazing into his mesmerizing orbs, I finally look away, my cheeks burning bright red. "You blush.... like a beautiful red rose...." A sweet giggle escapes my barricade of lips, his comment having an unfortunate effect on my complexion "Oh gosh". "Please... sit" He guides me over to a comfy-looking sofa and gently sits me down. He joins me on the sofa, turning slightly to face me "Where are you from?" I bite my lip and shuffle closer to him, eager to touch him "London". "What brought you to Romania? Just the letter.... or something more?" My head droops lifelessly, should I tell him the truth or try and lie my way out of it "Uhmm... I was kicked out of my house because I couldn't pay my bills... I would go singing in this theatre and I couldn't even do that anymore.... then by the time I found a job... it was too late... I lost everything... so I got that letter in the post and I had nothing holding me back so... My mum persuaded me to come".