Chapter 3 - Apologies

I was glad the Demon King didn't try and take my key, so I left my cell again. When we were walking back last time, we walked past a big important looking door. I headed back to it and walked in to see a long table. Sitting at the end of it was the demon king, the cleric who revived me yesterday and a dog man who I haven't met.

Cleric: "Princess? What are you doing here?"

Big Big: "She escaped from her cell again? How?"

I walked around the table and stopped in front of the demon king.

Demon King: "Hold on, Big Big. What is it?"

My cheeks went pink.

Y/N: "You apologised for snapping at me. So I came here to say... I'm sorry I called you a coward... I was out of line. I mean... you're all just demons trying to live your best life... who am I to judge?"

There was silence for a solid minute.

Demon King: "I- ahem... I appreciate your apology. Is there anything else?"

Y/N: "Yes... you've treated me well, I only ask that you treat the other princesses the same way when you get around to them."

Cleric: "We will..."

Y/N: "One more thing... can I pet your dog?"

Big Big: "Absolutely not! Now back to your cell."

Y/N: "Fine... that's all. See you later."

On the way back to my cell, I ran into Quilly and the others.

Minotaur: "Princess?"

Quilly: "You can't keep letting yourself out of your cell."

Y/N: "Sir, I thought about what you said yesterday. I want to apologise for my attitude towards you all."

Goblin: "Seriously?"

I nodded and kept walking back to my cell.

Frankenzombie: "That was weird..."

I headed back to my cell and flopped on my bed. I couldn't help but smile.

Y/T: 'I feel a lot better after that. Maybe being a hostage isn't so bad after all. No one's tried to hurt me, I get three meals a day and this does free me from the duties of my kingdom.'

My thoughts were interrupted when I overheard what two demons were saying as they passed my cell.

Scaly Reindeer: "So I heard the hero party is on his way to save the princess."

Ghost Shroud: "He can try but there's no way he can defeat the Ten Guardians."

They laughed as they left.

Y/T: 'Aiden is coming to rescue me...?'

I groaned.

Y/T: 'Why him?! He's such a goose! And not in a fun way.'