☽... 𝟎𝟎𝟓 !

chapter 005 !"MOVIE NIGHT"↳ drew's point of view!

chapter 005 !
"MOVIE NIGHT"
drew's point of view!

As I waited at the last light before the apartment complex, I tapped my thumbs on the steering wheel, to the beat of whatever song was playing on the radio. The aroma of pizza filled the car, and my stomach growled loudly in the anticipation, desperately waiting to be fed. As the light turned green, I turned right into the familiar parking lot.

"Everyone better love me after this." I thought to myself as I found my usual parking spot, pulling into it almost perfectly. Without having to straighten out, I put the car in park and removed my keys from the ignition. I hummed to myself, reaching over the middle console to grab the cardboard pizza boxes, and I climbed out. Bumping the door shut with my hip, I crossed the parking lot and headed inside the building where the rest of my friends were.

I wasn't sure if Lani was back yet, but I made sure I had enough pizza for everyone, just in case. I know we could all put away a few slices, apiece, so I definitely over-ordered just a bit. As I made it to the elevators, I pressed the 'up' arrow, and the doors immediately slid open, revealing an older couple.

"Hello." I greeted, returning their warm smiles with a slight nod. Stepping aside, I let them past before I moved forward and entered the small space.

I pressed the button for the fourth floor, watching as the doors closed by themselves. The bottom of the last box was positively burning my hand, and I impatiently tapped my foot, waiting to arrive on the correct floor. The elevator lurched, stopping on the fourth floor moments later. As it dinged, the doors opened, showing the empty hallway. I hummed to myself quietly, stepping out and heading in the direction of the room. Without having to look at the individual numbers, I stopped in front of the door to Lani and Rudy's apartment. I let out a chuckle at the voices that poured into the hallway before I had even opened the door— No wonder we always got noise complaints.

Supporting the weight of the pizzas with my left hand, I twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open. I mumbled curse words to myself as the box instantly started burning my palm, and I quickly kicked it shut behind me. I set the boxes down on the island before I turned my attention to everyone else in the room, so I could make my arrival known.

Almost instantly, my blue eyes fixated on a pair of hazel ones. Although I had never directly stared into them, I knew exactly who they belonged to.

Sage.

I watched as Bailey elbowed her in the side, causing Sage to tear own gaze away from mine, yet I was still frozen in place. A smile began to creep onto my lips as something swelled in my chest. She was like nobody I had ever seen before. She had a heart shaped face with big, round eyes to complement. Her lips were soft and pink, and her smile was absolutely mesmerizing. I knew she was pretty, from Instagram, but the extent of her beauty was something I never would have imagined.