Because I love you

"I wish I could thank her." I said quietly.

《《◇》》

Jimin was upset, but he seemed to get over it quickly.

I had honestly been worried. 

Worried that maybe he wouldn't let me back in. That he'd be so mad at me that he wouldn't want to speak to me. That he would decide he didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

But that wasn't the case.

As I stood there with his arms wrapped around me, I finally realized that I was home.

This is where I belonged, and Jimin was who I belonged with. 

It was such a comforting feeling, one I didn't ever want to lose.

We talked for a bit, until I suggested we go up to the loft so I could continue telling him about my adventure. 

To be honest, I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to hold him. 

I wanted to make sure he knew exactly how important he was to me, how I never wanted to be away from him again. How I had realized how alone I felt while apart from him. 

I wanted him to know that he was every good thing in my life, and that no one could ever come close to taking his place in my heart. That I couldn't imagine anything better than waking up every morning next to him, his eyes being the first thing I looked into. 

I wanted to be sure that he believed me, that I knew how stupid I'd been, and that I would never take off without him ever again. 

If I left, he'd be next to me. And if he wasn't, I wouldn't be going anywhere. 

I wanted to hold him, and never let go. 

But I told him the rest of my story, what had happened, how the old lady had refused to stop until she had me back to town.

He said he wished he could thank her. 

"I wish I could thank her again too, but I'm sure I'll never see her again." I said sadly.

He nodded in understanding.

"Well, I'm more grateful to her than I can put into words. Who knows where you might be right now if she hadn't stopped for you."

"I know. I'd rather not think about it."

Jimin nodded in agreement, sighing tiredly.

"Can we lie down, and wait for the sun to come up?" I asked quietly, realizing how tired I was myself.

He turned to look at me, smiling.

"I can't think of anything else I'd rather do right now."

We stood, and I walked around to my side of the bed, pulling my damp clothes off, and climbing under the blanket. 

Jimin had been wearing a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, but he removed them, climbing into bed next to me.

He turned to face me, the light from the lantern just bright enough that I could see him.

He reached towards me, pushing a few strands of hair out of my face, his palm resting on my cheek.

"Please don't ever do that again..."

"I already promised I wouldn't. Don't worry, I honestly don't think I could stay away from you even if I tried."

A shadow crossed his gaze, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"I have no desire to try, so don't look at me like that."

I smiled, but he continued to gaze at me, those eyes not giving away what he was thinking.