Sorry

Of course, being attracted to another male didn't automatically mean he was gay. He could be Bi. Or he could be straight, and just drawn to my appearance. I'd been told more than once that I was very attractive, even by men who were straight. I had no idea why. I didn't see myself that way. But apparently, I had a face that caused many people to notice me. 

《《◇》》

My heart pounded a bit too hard in my chest as I averted my gaze, wondering if he was doing it on purpose.  His eyes would meet mine, and he would just look at me until I looked away. It was enough to make me almost not want to meet his eyes. Almost.

But there was something about him, something I was drawn to. It was more than just how he looked. But I didn't know exactly what it was. 

He was attractive. Quite possibly the most attractive man I'd ever seen. But that would never be enough to cause me to be interested in him. 

No. It was something else. 

His eyes, now they were enough to draw you into their depths, and easily make you feel like you were drowning. 

"Are you're eyes naturally blue, or are you wearing colored lenses?"

It was a dumb question, considering he'd been unconscious for a week, and if they had been lenses, I imagine he'd have taken them out by now. But I'd blurted it out before I even thought about how stupid of a question it was.

His lips curved into a slight smile as he chewed his pie, swallowing it and looking up to meet my gaze again. I inhaled deeply, not able to look away this time.

"They're naturally blue, from what I understand, I got my eyes from my mother, although I've never met her, so I don't know for sure."

His attention went back to his plate, and he took his last bite of pie, licking his fork off and placing it on the plate.

"You've never met your mother? I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. She left me. She apparently wasn't 'ready'  to be a mother. I was raised by the many nanny's my father hired over the years, until I finally told him I was old enough to take care of myself when I was 12. As far as I was concerned, I had two parents who didn't want me, because my father couldn't be bothered to spend any time with me. He was okay with me being raised by, basically, strangers, and he had no idea how I was doing in school, or if I got sick, or who my friends were."

I lowered my eyes, feeling sorry for him. No kid should have to grow up like that. Just knowing that he'd lived without parents who cared for him made me want to do whatever I could for him. 

"I'm really sorry Taehyung, that's no way to grow up."

He shrugged his shoulders. 

"I'm okay. I had one nanny that was pretty cool. I got along with her, and she taught me a lot. I learned how to take care of myself with her, and that's why I was able to tell my dad I didn't need the nanny's any longer. He was just glad to not have to pay them anymore."

I shook my head. "Your dad sounds like a real winner."

He smiled, looking at his hands, picking at one of his nails.

"Yeah, I really pissed him off when I told him I was gay. I thought he was going to have an aneurysm, right there in the middle of the kitchen. It's not like he shouldn't have known, I'd brought guys home and disappeared to my room with them, but never any girls. Maybe if he'd paid a bit more attention to me, it wouldn't have come as such a shock."

My breath had caught in my throat, and I had lost all train of thought. He was gay. 

I cleared my throat, glancing at him quickly, but he was still picking at his nail.