FIN

Picking up from the ending of the ORV novel...

The Kim Dokja's Company was having the long-awaited picnic at the beach in the evening. The kids were playing volleyball with Dok Ja on the sand as they were waiting for the food that was being grilled by Joong Hyuk at the barbeque area. 

Soo Young was sipping her iced lemon juice on a beach chair under a parasol. Hyun Sung and Hee Won were setting up more parasols for the company. With her eyes glued to the volleyball game, Ji Hye approached Soo Young and asked, "They haven't talk to each other yet?"   

Soo Young pulled down the sunglasses on her nose bridge to looked at Ji Hye. "You see how far they are? Absolutely not talking yet." She had another sip of the lemon juice before adding, "I don't get them. When one of them was lost, the other would went on a rampage just to find him back. But after getting back together in one piece, they'd rather have a cold war. Then, what's the point for all the ruckus? Did you get it, Ji Hye?"

Ji Hye looked at her with an unimpressed expression. "YOU are the one bawling your eyes out, not my muaf-" Her mouth was covered by Soo Young's hand before she could even finish her sentence. 

"Okay, okay. I'm desperate to get that ugly squid back. But do you remember which nutcase that broke into the museum to steal the national treasure for the sake of saving that squid? It's your beloved master, that stupid sunfish!" Soo Young removed her hand and wiped the saliva on Ji Hye's shirt which had gotten her a slap from Ji Hye. "But look at them now. Doing pointless stuff again that they'll definitely regret later."

Ji Hye sat on the empty beach chair beside Soo Young and whispered, "I bet with a grand that the cold war thingy, they are just putting on a show."

"Huh? What make you so confident, brat?" Soo Young shot her a side glance. "You think those two block heads just pretending that they're in bad term with each other? Hahaha..." She found what Ji Hye had just spoke as ridiculous.

Ji Hye gave her a you-know-nothing smirk before leaning towards her side. "We have a group chat with some constellations. In that group, we usually just gossip around but recently, the most engaging activity we have in the group is the betting I was telling you about." She pulled out her phone and showed her the group chat. "See, the group are being split into three main bets on the ways they gonna reconcile: the first one bet on them reconciling after a deep talk by today; the second group bet on them having a big fight until one of them being beaten up so badly by another that he started begging for forgiveness; the last group bet on them going to reconcile after finish screaming and cursing each other out."

Soo Young looked at her in disbelief. In her mind, she was thinking id she had befriended a group of idiots. She couldn't believe that these people are betting so much on those silly bets.  "What? Even the Great Sage, Sun Wukong is betting too!?" Soo Young continued to scroll down Ji Hye's phone screen. "Wait, what's this? Uriel actually bet on them going to reveal that they're actually *cough* dating?!!" 

Ji Hye chuckled at Soo Young's reaction. "It's quite obvious don't you think so? They saved each other's life for countless of times already and they cared for each other so much. And, to tell you the truth, I've heard a major, HUGE secret when we're back at the theatre, fighting the master of theatre. They'd obviously known each other well before from the way they were speaking..."

Soo Young squinted her eyes at Ji Hye as she was determining if she was telling the truth. But then, her eyes wandered to the phone screen again and she saw the amount of the betting wagers in the group chat. The total amount being bet had passed the billion mark. She quickly asked Ji Hye about the current bets and the winning rules. 

"The money are going to be split among the winner(s) accordingly to their betting ratios. And right now, there're more than 20 bets were being placed on the 'beaten up' way while only Uriel and I bet on dating, which has the least bets." Ji Hye said in a disappointed tone.