Chapter 3: a day with Goldie

You slowly open your eyes only to see a golden mask, inches above your face.

"Hii~" the Golden guard says in a singsong voice.

You shriek and punch him away.

"Ah yeah that was called for." He groans as he flies down onto the ground.

"Why are you in my room watching me sleep? Do you have any sense of decency?" You yell.

"Not really. It's 11:15. You should've been awake by now." He points out.

You check the time and sure enough, it's 11:15.

"As you're going to be under my wing for the foreseeable future, belos has put together a new uniform for you. It's basically mine but less cool and you don't get a mask." He says.

You look over to where you usually keep your uniform and see a golden uniform instead.

You hum to yourself and grab it. You're about to put it on when you realize he's still in the room.

You slowly turn and glare at him.

"Do you mind?" You ask.

"Oh no, not at all." Just by his voice you can tell he has a smirk plastered across his face.

"Out." You demand.

He shrugs and leaves the room. "Suit yourself."

You quickly get changed.

Honestly, you don't look half bad. One might even say you look good.

You rummage though your cabinets and grab an elixir. You quickly chug it.

An elixir a day keeps the curse at bay

You're pretty sure Tibbles just resells these things. If you knew who originally sold them, you'd definitely get it from them instead. Especially if they sell them during the day.

You throw the empty bottle away and leave the room.

The Golden Guard is waiting outside for you.

He waves slightly when he notices you.

"You look... nice. Strange, but nice." He says.

"You goin soft on me Goldie?" You smirk.

"Never call me that." His voice drops and you chuckle.

"Fine, fine. Sorry Goldie."

He starts walking away from you and you quickly follow behind him.

"Our mission for today is the capture a Slitherbeast. Think you can handle that?" He asks.

You nod. "Of course I can handle a little slitherbeast."

"These uniforms are designed to withstand the cold temperatures of the Knee." He quickly adds as he sits down on his staff.

You sit down behind him and hold onto the staff as he flies off.

"You know, last night some weird pig demon complained to the Emperor's coven about a scout who held a knife to his neck at the market. Said she's about 16 years old, same height as you, same physique as you.." Goldie suddenly says halfway though the flight.

You look at him, dumbfounded.

"No idea what you're talking about." You scoff.

He chuckles.
"Whatever scout did this is up for some serious punishment you know."

Your eyes widen. "Then- it's good it wasn't me. I have nothing to do with holding a knife to Tibbles's neck." You deny.

"I never said his name."