Chapter 11: tired thoughts

You're just sitting in your room and reading as you hear a few people entering the owl house.

You head downstairs with your Phoenix, who you named Nova, following you.

"Luz! Hey- why do you look like you just got beat up..?" You raise an eyebrow.

You turn towards Amity, who also looks beat up.

"Because they were. It's a long story." Willow sighs.

You look from Amity to Luz and nod slowly.

"Y'know what yeah that's fair." You shrug.

You turn towards Eda. "You look beat up too. What all did I miss while reading..?" You ask.

Eda sighs. "Glyphs."

"I wanted a bit more of an explanation than that but I'll take it." You sigh.

Luz sighs and collapses onto the couch.

"What I would give to be watching Amphibia or anime right now.." she sighs.

"You have amphibia in the human realm too?" You stutter.

Luz looks over at you.

"That's one of my favorite shows!" You smile.

"Really? Mine too!" She smiles back happily.

"You should watch it sometime with me and h-" your eyes widen and you go silent.

Hunter...

Right...

"Y/n? Everything okay?" Willow asks.

You awkwardly smile and clear your throat.

"Aha.. yeah. Sorry. Just got a little lost in thought." You say.

You look back at Luz and notice her watching Amity. She seems to have some sort of spark in her eyes..

"Looks like I'm not the only one.." you mumble.

You walk up to Willow and Gus.

"Is Luz finally feeling something for Amity?" You whisper.

They look over at Luz then nod.

"Bout time. I've only known you guys a few weeks and it's obvious that Amity is head over heels for her." You chuckle quietly.

"We should be heading home. Try not to get yourself killed Luz." Gus says as he and Willow head out.

"I should get going too.. bye Luz." Amity smiles a bit at the girl before walking out after the other two.

"So, when's the wedding?" You smirk.

Luz's face goes bright red.

"What? I don't like Amity like that! Wait... do I? Oh my god- I like Amity-" Luz's eyes widen and she looks off into the void.

You turn towards Eda.

"Hey uh.. I get it's pretty late but can I go for a walk? I just need to think about some things." You ask.

She shrugs. "Go ahead kid. I know you can protect yourself."

You head out and start wandering through the woods.

"Where was it.." you mumble to yourself.

You eventually come across the clearing Hunter showed you.

But you're not the only one there.

"Of course." You chuckle quietly.

Hunter turns towards you.