viridian.

cw: burns, burn treatment, exile flashback, trauma, breakdown? implied past suicidal intentions, scars, early l'manburg memories o7, izuku's trauma, and i think that's it

please do NOT see the treatment for burns shown in this chapter as like. official stuff. i'm not a medic or anything, this is just based off of shit i've read, nothing more, nothing less.

ALSO: ooc midoriya alert!!! i write him more realistically, so,,,

and an ooc tommy alert as well aha

please let me know if there's any more cws i need to add!!

===

"...What the fuck."

Green Hair gapes at Tommy as he says that, showing the same disbelief in his eyes. Tommy rubs his eyes twice, having just woken up at six like usual and slightly delirious from sleep. He'd heard something about limbs popping off as well as a body exploding and he sprung up. Tommy shakes his head and looks up, yet they were still there — he must've been real fucking exhausted.

In front of Tommy, the other teen's hauling a large double-sided fridge behind him with rope, All Might literally right on top of it and hugging his knees. They haven't been at it for long with how little of the shore is disturbed. Both look sheepish, though they did seem to try and make an explanation with the way their mouths keep opening and closing like a fish.

Prime, this feels like a fever dream. But this isn't a dream. And that's what makes everything all the more absurd.

"What the fuck," Tommy repeats, as if it'll give him an explanation. "Why are you two here. Especially you, All Might."

"W-well, I. Sorry, I, um," Green Hair quickly stutters. "We — more so me than anything — were t-training for U.A. This place s-seemed pretty private, which was great because of A-All Might, and it looked untouched, so w-we decided to start here. I-I mean, we can just move to a different place!" At this point, he's waving his hands around frantically. Tommy nodded before quizzically looking at the hero mentioned.

"...All Might's training you?"

The smiling man turned to him, still atop of the fridge. "That I am, young man!" He affirmed, though he did look a bit awkward, even with that smile.

Tommy stared at the hero.

All Might has power that he can use to destroy cities — to turn this world upside down. He's undefeated for the spot of number one. Tommy doesn't know what he's like besides how the media portrays him as: a hero.

Tommy looked back to Green Hair (Prime, he should get his name), who was fidgeting where he stood. He was sort of like Tommy from what he knew, now that the blond thought about it. Definitely not the same in terms of looks or personality, but. There were a few parallels, like how Green Hair had this unwavering flicker of determination in his eyes, as cliche and stupid as that was.

He glanced back. All Might is still smiling.

(Hands running through his hair, a voice humming a tune as gloved hands stitch wounds together; a white, smiling mask staring down at him, covered in soot; honey-sweet words that stick to his skin and the lies mixed within; green, green, green; an empty beach party with only two, the puppet and its puppeteer; imagining molten lava surround him in the Nether, burning his skin yet never as much as the mental wounds and the phantom pain in his scars did; the aching exhaustion and the need for it to all end weighing in his bones as he builds a tower and hangs over the edge —)

Tommy inhales. One, two, three, four.

Exhales. One, two, three, four.

"What will you do." The words are laced with venom and an underlying threat.