cold open.

Lunch time arrives after fourth period; essentially, it's Tommy's break time. He's decided to hang out a little in Class 1-A's room before he goes and eats something, just leaning on the wall—apparently Lunch Rush's food is good? He'll have to try it.

...Wonder if they make drinks, too; specifically tea. Maybe there's curry.*

After Uraraka's sudden energy about the Sports Festival, Tommy perks his head up. He finally bites the bullet and asks, "What's the uh—what's the Sports Festival like?" He says it pretty softly, in his opinion, but everyone's heads still turn toward him. His hands do not twitch under their gazes, because this is not the ruins of the Community House and he is not so used to living in tundras anymore.

"You..." Mina slowly begins, "you don't know what the Sports Festival is?"

"Well I do, of course," Tommy blatantly lies, "but what's it like? I've never watched it or anythin', I just know the general concept." Hopefully, Aizawa, Yamada, or Kayama will tell him about it later. "Plus, I'm foreign."

"It's rare for someone to not know the U.A. Sports Festival regardless!"  Iida immediately states, waving his hands like he's karate-chopping the very air.

"I'll have you know that I was busy—" Fighting a war or three. "—having a life, thank you very—"

"After all," the other overrides, "it's a country-wide event in Japan that is also streamed in other countries! Due to this, the environment is heavily packed with people in a stadium. Students of all classes will be battling in the middle of the stadium, but there may also be other things such as an obstacle course or a teamwork event, so television screens are above the audience! Overall, it allows every U.A. student to showcase their Quirks, so it will be extremely battle-heavy, whether it be physical or not. There are also snack and drink vendors littered about."

...Oh.

"Uhuh," Tommy nods, like his hands aren't shaking and his heart isn't racing, "alright. I get it now. So that's why it's called the 'Sports Festival,' huh?"

"If you're worried about us getting injured or anything," Izuku chimes in, giving him a knowing look, "don't worry! We have Recovery Girl here, so." Tommy distantly connects the name with the person Izuku mentioned that had healed him after the Entrance Exam. His hands tremble a little less.

Tommy nods again when everyone else vouches for Recovery Girl's experience in healing, acutely aware of the cold feeling that curls in his gut, just like the USJ.

He doesn't believe any of them.

Once again, Uraraka suddenly cheers menacingly, raising a fist to the air and rallying everyone else. Sighing, Tommy stretches a little. They're probably gonna keep cheering for a while longer, so he's gonna go eat.

Oh, wait.

He moves towards Koda instead, waving to get the other's attention. If you need space because the cafeteria's too loud, he mentions, you can come to the teacher's lounge. It's not actually that anymore because I claimed it, but yeah. I'll probably be in there, but no one else will unless they're like a teacher or some shit.

Tommy's only offered that because Koda seems either constipated or the personification of anxiety most of the time. Right now is not one of those moments, though, as a rare smile spreads on the other's face, soft on their blockish features. Okay! Thank you!

Tommy nods back. With that, he strides out the classroom, ignoring anyone who's looking at him curiously.

===

When he gets lunch and goes to the teacher's lounge—Lunch Rush makes some damn-good curry, but because of long-lasting starvation effects he can't have more than a plate—the first thing Tommy does is go to the crafting table to replace the signs outside. Now, they read "Tommy Innit's Territory," and the wood's ugly on the polished—whatever the original sign is, but what-the-fuck-ever, those who don't like it can go and fuck off or whine like a bitch for all he cares. He isn't changing it.