main dish.

11:51

<big man> Where tf are yall

<coffee's my blood> The field, one the class used during orientation. Midoriya should know where it is.

"Apparently they're outside at 'the field,' whatever the fuck that is." Tommy relays. Izuku pauses his walk, seeming to shiver due to something—a memory, most likely. He doesn't ask for Tommy for help, nor does it look like a flashback, but Tommy still goes tense.

Izuku sighs, continuing his pace. "Yeah, I-I know where that is. We're near that; shouldn't take too long to get there." Tommy nods, typing:

<big man> Me an Izu are near that

<big man> We;re coming over

<coffee's my blood> ...You sure you're fine?

Tommy scowls.

<big man> I am

<big man> Im fuckibg fine aight

<big man> Fuck off

<coffee's my blood> ...Okay.

<coffee's my blood> Do you want me to warn them about anything beforehand?

<big man> Dont ask questions abou waht happened this morning

<big man> No pity

<big man> Dont underestistate me

<big man> *Underestimate

<big man> And for Bakugo

<big man> No explosions

<big man> If he needs a reason it bring sup bad memories

<coffee's my blood> Alright.

"...Tommy?" Izuku asks. He's stopped near the entrance to the dirt field, hand on the door. The new teacher assistant startles, shoving his communicator in his pocket. "You good?"

"Perfect," Tommy replies. "Just open the fucking door already."

Izuku chuckles nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "You might... not? Maybe? If you're still uncomfortable with them all. Uh—they're probably all in uniform, and I probably gotta be in one, too, so."

Tommy purses his lips. "I'm not a fucking pussy," he states. "I can handle it. Stop—stop mother-henning me. 'S condescending, like a Karen." Then, "You're not a Karen, are you? I'd have to ban you from Tari's, as well as ever interacting me again."

"Don't compare me to that," Izuku pouts, already moving away from the door and presumably towards the changing rooms. "I'm not a Karen."

Tommy narrows his eyes lightheartedly. "...That's exactly what a fucking Karen would say, Eye-zu-ku."

Izuku gives him the most distraught look he's ever seen. "Tommy. One, never say my name like that again—"

"No promises!"

"—and two: if I were a Karen, Tari would slam her toy hammer on my head before I could say anything, and you know that I know that we've seen her arm strength because she carries a lot of the supplies in the cafe. I do not want to put myself through that." Like an afterthought, he looks up and says, "I also don't have three kids yet—or blond hair."

Tommy's eyes go wide. "YET?! WHAT—"

Izuku's eyes widen, too, mouth dropping to gape at him, and he frantically starts waving his hands around. "NO!" He desperately shouts, "NO, I'M NOT PLANNING TO—"