Royal Academy of Diavolo

POSSIBLE MANGA SPOILERS/ DEMON SLAYER SPOILERS AHEAD!!

~~~~

"Ara, you're back Shinobu. How was the trip?" Kanae approached Shinobu at the 'Butterfly Mansion'.

"It was well, many things have changed since the last few eras." Shinobu says, flashing a smile.

"Ara ara! Shinobu what did I say about holding back your emotions! Come now, sweet little sister~!" Kanae teases Shinobu, pinching her cheeks.

"Augh!! Cut that out! Kanao is here!" Shinobu huffs, grabbing her sister's hand. Kanae turns around to find Kanao watching them, smiling happily.

"Aha, sorry Sensei! I've never seen this side of you, I think it's rather sweet..." Kanao continues to smile, winking at Kanae.

"I'm glad we're on the same boat Kanao!" Kanae winks back, "Come now Shinobu! Sanemi and the others are inside!" Kanae grabs Shinobu by the hand and drags her inside the mansion.

If you have yet to notice, this is the afterlife. Time has gone by since the demons have lived, as well as the need of demon slayers. All of them have passed, as well as time itself. The afterlife is what you make of it, and for a certain group of demon slayers it is to be together in a world where time no longer continues and they are living happily in a lovely mansions of the past.

Unfortunately for one of the female demon slayers, she has been mistakenly chosen to be the 'human' exchange student at the Royal Aacademy of Diavolo.

Later, inside the butterfly mansion.

"Sensei, why is it that you keep your katana?" Kanao asks Shinobu, who is sitting at the opposite end of the room polishing her blade.

"I guess, me and this katana have gone through many things together. I can't seem to abandon it." Shinobu smiles her usual smile.

"Are you perhaps, paranoid?" Kanao blurts, out of curiosity.

"Ah... you are not wrong Kanao. But, I will not elaborate." Shinobu puts on a smile, and continues polishing her blade. Kanao notices that she starts to grip it even tighter.

Shinobu knows well, she's paranoid and anxious that the demons someday may return and strike again with a new leader. Since demon slayers and the breathing forms have almost gone extinct, if they are to return there will be no way for the people of the new era to survive. But there is no way the demons are still alive, right?

Shinobu sighs and loosens her grip on the blade. Just then, she feels a hand come from the ground grab her leg, dragging her into a portal. Kanao panics and tries to grab Shinobu's hand but ultimately misses.

"SHINOBU!!!" Kanao cries, forgetting formalities.

As Shinobu continues to fall into everlasting darkness she grips her katana tightly, trying to avoid losing it. Just then, she blacks out.

Time continues to pass in the hole of darkness...

Ughh, where am I? Shinobu asks herself, slowly opening her eyes. She notices that the place she's in appears to be a courtroom, several men look her way. The place felt eerie that's for sure. Shinobu notices her katana was missing, but how? She was sure she had it! Shinobu panics, looking around for her sword.

"Ah, looking for this are you?" A man wearing fine clothes with dark red hair color holds Shinobu's sword, within it's sheath in his hands.

Shinobu clenches her fists. Who were these people? And where exactly is this place?

"First, Welcome to Devildom Shinobu!" The red haired man smiles, Shinobu can't tell if it's fake or not.

How does this man know my name? Devildom? Is that what this place is? Sounds perfect for a place demons would want to stay. Shinobu thinks to herself, she quickly tries to run for the man and grab her katana back.

"Not so fast." A deep voice sitting in one of the chairs says, it was the man in clothing similar to the ones the redhead had on.

"Seriously, this human is really fast. Maybe because of her small build?" A blonde haired man looks at Shinobu, seemingly analyzing her.

"Lucifer, I'm hungry..." A tall male with a strong build adds.

"Oh my! This human is quite cute~! Not as cute as me though!" A smaller looking male with clear skin exclaims.

"Wait. Human...? What's that supposed to mean?" Shinobu tilts her head, continuing to smile as part of her old habit.

"Exactly what it sounds like, we aren't human. We're demons." The deep voiced demon answered.

Shinobu dreaded his answer. She was stunned, how could it be...? Now she needed her sword back more than ever. But if this is a world full of demons, she couldn't possibly slay them all.

"Now, please listen to what we have to say." The redhead started, as Shinobu slowly looked up again, too stunned to even smile anymore, "I am Diavolo the soon-to-be king of Devildom. You are at the Royal Academy of Diavolo, or RAD. This is the assembly hall of RAD where the sudent council occasionally meet. I am the president of this council." He countinues.

"Why am I here... And how are you demons still alive?!" Shinobu exclaims, now letting out her anger in a way she hasn't in such a long time.

"Ah, I will explain your situation."

"Shinobu, this is Lucifer, Demon avatar of Pride. Vice president of the council. " Diavolo introduces the demon.

"You are to stay in Devildom for a year as an exchange student. At the end of this year you will write a paper based off the experience. You are one of the two humans chosen for exchange while we have sent two demons to the human world and Celestial Realm." Lucifer explains, giving context to the situation, "My brother, Mammon, the Demon avatar of Greed will be your caretaker throughout this journey."

Lucifer hands Shinobu a device of which looks like a 'phone' of the new era which Shinobu recognizes.

"Here, this is called a D.D.D. it's a lot like the cell phones of your world. Try giving Mammon a call."

They didn't seem to be trying to attack or hurt me so I assume that they are fine for now. First I must follow their command to get her sword back, then explain the misunderstanding. 'I am not human, I'm undead.' Then get out of this crazy world. I hope the Demons in my world aren't causing trouble.

"So. How do you use this 'D.D.D.'?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I originally published this story on quotev @NoNamed Jes but I decided I post it on here as well! I hope the wattpad readers here will enjoy! Updates may be slow but, I'll try my best!

Thanks for reading!

Words: 1,121

NoNamed, Jes