EPISODE 9

This episode is half edited for now . ENJOY 🥰

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 9

AAYAN'S POV

"I don't ask because I doubt if that's him. He won't allow her to shout like... His sentence was cut short with a surprised look on his face when he notices I already open the bus door.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"To get my wife," I say.

" You can't be serious," Zane said as he got down from the back seat while Spenser was looking at me short of words.

" I am. I am tired of sitting down in this bus like a coward waiting for him to show up here. He's not that stupid and remembers he's my best friend so I know how smart he is. I don't know why my instincts keep telling me Imen is in danger".

" I know how you feel but we need to be sure of his location before taking any steps. He might even take her away from that place if he knew we are searching for him. We need to make him think we don't have any lead on him. We need to make him believe the only lead we have is this restaurant while the undercover agent gets us another lead" Zane said and pat my shoulder.

I touched my knees as I sigh heavily not knowing what to do as I run my fingers through my hair in frustration. "I just pray she's okay," I say and get back in the bus. What if he doesn't show up? I can't just sit down like this doing nothing. "Can you please call that undercover agent and ask him the address of the woman who reported someone shouting opposite her window? " I asked Spencer.

" Sure," He says and dialed the number.

"Okay, thanks. Sure, I will do that " Spenser said as he ended the call.

" What did he say? " I asked him.

" He said the woman was just being paranoid that it was a dog, " .

"So she can't differentiate between a human voice and a dog voice? " I say and let out a laugh.

" You know how some people behave," Zane said shaking his head as he tries to stifle his laugh his face still glue to the laptop in front of him.

" What about the address ?".

" He is going to send me through text message," Spenser says.

After some minutes, Spenser's phone beeped showing the address sent to him. It was a four-hour drive from where we are. I just wanted to be sure I am just being paranoid, I just wanted to be sure that wasn't Imen's voice calling out for help. Zane offered to follow me but I insist they stay in the bus and wait for Zayed to show up.

" You can't go alone, allow Zane to follow you," Spenser says worriedly.

" No, what if he shows up when we left? What if this was also one of his plans to distract us? I will advise you guys to stay while I go check out the address and if I notice anything suspicious, I will give you a call immediately" I say".

" Please be safe " Zane said as he handed me his car key which was parked beside the bus.

" The car has a tracking device on it so we will follow up from here and make sure you are with your phone, " Spenser says and hug me.

I nodded my head and thank them before entering the car. I started the engine after I input the address on the GPS and drive out. Zane and Spenser called me at every interval on my way asking me if have gotten there. After spending five hours due to traffic on my way to the address sent to me, I finally got there and the neighborhood was so silent.  I parked the car in front of a big building and got down.  I keep going around the neighborhood one after the other checking to see if I will notice anything strange but it was so quiet to even think Imen would somehow be in one of those houses.