EPISODE 35

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 35

IMEN'S POV

She holds my hands looking into my eyes. "Imen, I am scared", She says as tears glittens in her eyes making me scared. My heart was beating faster as I anticipate what she is about to say.

" What's it, Mindy?".

" What..if.Zeeshan inherits his father's disorder?" She says and burst into tears.

I squeezed her hands assuringly as I raised my hand to wipe away her tears. " Even if he inherits Zayed's disorder, he won't turn to be like him. We will be here to care, love, and support him. At least we know what we are dealing with so it will be easier for us to notice any abnormal changes in him as he grows older.

" I.. just wish he didn't.  He is still ..a baby. Mimi" She says in between tears and I couldn't help the tears that dropped from my eyes. I can understand where she is coming from. A mother will never want to see her baby going through anything at all no matter how big or small the issue is and I hope Zee doesn't have the disorder because we don't know if Zayed inherits it from his biological parents or he just develop it.

" Everything is gonna be ..." My sentence was cut short as we heard footsteps approach. Amanda quickly try to wipe her tears while I tried to sit properly but it was too late as Mrs judge had already come in. She stopped in her tracks immediately she notices us trying to regain our composure.  She looks at both of us before taking a step closer, ignoring the way the air around us that  had suddenly grown thicker.

" Are you okay ?" She asks Amanda immediately she got closer to her with concern written all over her face.

" Yes. I am .." Amanda stutters.

" If you are then why are you crying  ?".

" I.. was just overjoyed" She quickly said.

" Overjoyed? The tears in your eyes say otherwise ".

" Are you feeling any pain?".

" No ma'am".

" Are you feeling depressed?".

" No ma'am"

" Imen, what's going on? " She asks me as she turns to look at me.

"It's.." She cut me short.

" You are lying so don't bother completing it. I want you guys to tell me what's going on right now? " She says sternly.

" Mrs judge, My late baby daddy had a disorder and I don't know if it was inherited because..... " She couldn't complete her sentence as she burst into fresh tears.

" Calm down sweetheart " Mrs judge says concerningly and gave her a side hug as she cries on her shoulder.

After some while, she pulled back and wipe her tears away with her thumb. " Imen's mum already told me about everything and that was why she wanted me to be your doctor. I want you to know  The inheritance pattern of schizoaffective disorder is unclear though we have carried out some tests on your baby and he is medically okay. As with most other mental disorders, schizophrenia is not directly passed from one generation to another genetically, and there is no single specific cause for this illness.  Schizophrenia is not often found in children younger than age 12. It's also hard to spot in the early stages that's why we will be monitoring your child to see if he had that symptom as he grows up. Often, the psychotic symptoms start in the middle to late teen years. Slightly more boys develop it in childhood but he is more likely to get schizophrenia since his father has it. If it's a parent, brother, or sister, his chances go up by 10%. If both parents have it, then there's a  40% chance of getting it and there's a probability he might not have it at all which we also hope so.