Chapter 1:: You

☁️Author's POV || Year;; 1217

"It's raining! Come inside!" Your mother called you as you giggled before getting inside the house while your mom sighed.
"The bloodsuckers are increasing day by day." You heard your mother as you looked out of the window to see a tall pale man wearing a long black gown with high collars walking in the forest.
"A-are they bloodsuckers, mother?" You asked your mother who nodded before closing the window.
"Don't even look. They don't harm you unless you go inside that forest or get involved in their business. So you shall stay away." Your mother said as you nodded.
-------------------------------
"Ughh!" You groaned in frustration because of the home quarantine your mother had given you. Even though you told her you wouldn't go to the forest, she couldn't trust you knowing how you were. Bold and fearless, always searching for adventure.
"Mother, please!" You said but she just declined.
"Why mother?" You asked as she glared at you.
"I am doing this all for your safety, my dear. The number of bloodsuckers is increasing day by day. Even though our human kingdom made a deal with them, still I shall not put my entire trust into them and let you do anything which might put you in danger." She said as you looked down.
"Trust me. Just this once?" You asked as she lost all her patience and ended up slapping you shocking you and her.
"I hate you, Mother!" You shouted running outside while tears streaming down your face.
After all, how much could she control a 17-year-old girl whose age is just to explore the world and not live in fear of some mysterious creatures?

You kept on running and running and unknowingly, you reached near the forest. Suddenly, you heard whimpering noises as you walked a bit more to see a boy, as white as snow, his face looked as if it was sculpted. His hair locks covered his forehead. You kept staring at him but soon came to your senses as you heard another whimper.
"I'll help you!" You said taking out your little pouch with some medicines as you applied them on his face, which had a scar and his arms. But as soon as you touched his face, you flinched due to the coldness.
You gasped not knowing why his skin was so cold. Nevertheless, you shrugged applying for the medicine on his face and arms.

"There's no blood... Is this an old wound?" You muttered under your breath staring at him.

Soon, he opened his eyes staring at you as he spoke, "Who are you?"
"I- I am Ha Y/N.." You said smiling staring at his sparkling brown eyes which looked so surreal as he looked at you, more like exploring your face. He noticed your sparkly eyes and guessed you might've been crying.
"Thank y-you for helping me. It was no need though." He said as you smiled before replying, "I have been quarantined for the past few days and needed refreshment. Thanks to you, I even got to help someone." You said smiling as he nodded.
"Why are you in the forest?" You asked him but he looked down.
"I heard it's dangerous in h-" You were about to talk but you heard your mother shouting your name.
"Oh no! Mother is calling for me! I have to go, I am sorry!" You said running away while he just stared at your running figure.

-Next day-

"Yes, mother!" You said before going out to get a pot of water. After you ran away from the house, your mother let you do some outdoor chores and that was enough for you cause, of course, you knew you would sneak from chores and go and play around.
"Lalalala~" You hummed as you held the pot of water.
Suddenly, the same boy from yesterday appeared as you smiled waving at him. You went towards him before saying, "Hey! You are still near the forest?" You asked as he nodded.
"Your wound... It-"
"Healed." He said as you nodded still unsure.
"Why are you here? Isn't it dangerous?" He asked but you just chuckled.
"Well. Mother gave me some chores and I took a long path home instead of a shortcut hehe. I like this forest a lot. And it's not there any bloodsuckers caught me!" You said playfully as he smiled.
"Aren't you scared of them?" He asked as you shook your head.
"Even though everyone says they are bad and scary. There might be some good ones too! I think humans are worse!" You said as he nodded at your words with a simple smile.