Chapter 13:: Gone

Author's POV:

He screamed holding you closer as his veins popped out. He was feeling this pain for the first-ever time after his mother's death. The hunters who were shooting arrows at you both stopped and ran away leaving their bows and arrows in fear. The soldiers stood there quietly as Albert eyed Taehyung saying, "Let him. Just for a few minutes. Since you're the one responsible for this, you should make sure the news of her death reaches her family. I apologize again, your highness." 
Taehyung scoffed saying, "Leave." His voice came out hoarse as he stared at your face. He noticed the mark on your back shining as he was hugging your body. Albert gestured for the soldiers to move away as they left the area. Taehyung held you tightly crying and asked, "R-Rosecheeks... are you awake?" 

Not hearing any response from you, he felt himself shattering down. But you weren't there to hold him like other times... even after being in front of him, he felt like you were absent. You weren't there in front of him, just your body was. Everything around him felt so dull again... like the first day he came into the forest. Looking at your face, a realization hit him. Your face was the only thing that shined in the forest. The dull forest where he lived for months as a punishment found a home because of you. But with your departure, the warmth was gone as well. 
"I'll... k-kill everyone for you. A-And when y-you come back... I'll m-make sure I'm able to protect you." Taehyung said sobbing while caressing your face. He noticed the arrow on your waist and shoulder. He held it gulping and closed his eyes pulling it away from your body to see so much blood. Even though he was thirsty for blood, his pain overtook that thirst. Taking away the arrows from your body, he kept them beside him and got up, holding you in a bridal style. Walking towards the exit of the forest, he looked at the sky, it was the same as the day he met you. Cloudy and chill. 

He walked towards your house to see the entire neighbourhood quiet. Everyone was probably staying at home fearing the rain today. He kept your body in front of your house and gulped moving his hands on your wounds as the wounds disappeared. They were temporary, being a kid vampire, he didn't have powers strong enough. But one of his powers was to hide wounds temporarily. Knowing well how hurt your family would be, he hid the wounds. Though they'd reappear before your burial, they wouldn't notice it. 
"I'm so sorry... R-Rosecheeks." Taehyung cried placing a kiss on your forehead one last time as he patted your head, got up and said, "Let's meet again... l-later."

Taking two steps back, he looked at your house door as a bang was heard. The people of your house were coming out as he gulped looked at you saying, "I love you, R-Rosecheeks.." 

With that, he ran inside the forest at full speed but the cries of your family members were heard by him. He felt guilty, broken, empty, shattered and what not? He sat on the ground and started crying loudly feeling the pain increasing with every second passing by. He kept crying and crying as the soldiers came to find him and took him to the palace. He couldn't even protest, leaving you alone was already the biggest pain he felt and he wasn't ready for anything else anymore. 

The King sighed seeing his miserable state and immediately ordered the men to get ready for the ritual. He was sent to the room where the ritual was supposed to be held. He had to change his clothes as well because of the blood that got in his clothes. Soon, the ritual began and Taehyung didn't speak a word. He started feeling pain as he was tied to the chair while the full moon was shining bright outside. All he could think about was your smile, your twinkling eyes and then... your painful eyes shedding bloody tears before you died. 

A week passed by and Taehyung started to become stronger than before. His ritual was done, after a lot of pain and suffering. He was better now physically but deep down, he was mourning over you. While he was in the ritual, you were getting buried by your family. But the only hope he had was the mark on your neck. And that... he'd see you once again. Even if it took him a thousand years to find you again, he'd wait. And he was determined with that mindset.