Chapter 12:: Tragedy

Author's POV:

Your eyes widened as you got up hiding behind the rock saying, "Aish... I'm in trouble again!" Sighing, you prayed that Taehyung would be here quickly. You peeked outside as your breath hitched seeing arrows with them.
"Ah... my neck hurts.." You sighed holding your neck while hiding. 
"He was right... they found us." You said but your eyes widened seeing Taehyung run towards you at full speed. He stopped in front of you hiding beside you and said, "They're here. I smelled them." 
"Here are the herbs... I'll go out and talk to Father, he's here too! So, hide here!" He said handing you the herbs as you nodded taking them and asked, "Is the man beside Albert your father?" He nodded as you mumbled, "You do look like him a little.." 
"Rosecheeks. Trust me, okay? Just trust me..." He said patting your head as you nodded. Gulping he got out, standing there as his father and Albert along with the hunters approached him.
"F-Father.." He spoke as the King sighed saying, "I thought Albert would fasten up his work. Instead, I'm going through this.." 

"W-Why did you order Allbert to do that? Did you pretend all along?" He asked as the King sighed saying, "No... I'm fine with you meeting that girl. But, my patience had a limit. You should have the will to be the King, but not for that girl. Because... I'm very sure, you will not hesitate to abandon Hades for that mere girl. You're still hiding her anyway, aren't you? Deceiving your kingdom, your own family... for that human breed. Why should that witch deserve to live then?"
"Father!" Taehyung spoke as the King smirked saying, "I won't kill her, nor will Albert. But still... I can't let her wander around the to-be-King of Hades like that. As a responsible King, I have to do whatever it takes... to bring you on the track." 

"I won't come back here... p-please don't..." Taehyung spoke, tears brimming in his eyes as the King looked at him saying, "Shameless b*stard. How dare you shed tears for something that worthless?! Learn how to sacrifice." 
"You know this k*lling is meaningless! You k*lled mother too! Why would you...?" Taehyung asked as the King scoffed saying, "I k*lled her because she was a mere human who was used to get an heir for our Kingdom. Moreover... she disobeyed us."
"You're too heartless!" He said as they were talking.

You, on the other hand, looked down hearing everything. You realized that him being here wasn't a mere punishment but more than that. 
"He must've been through a lot.." You mumbled looking down, your heart aching for him. But you frowned hearing him, "F-Father... please. I'll be the King, I'll abide by all commands, don't do anything to her."
"Be a vampire before being a weakling. A weakling like you does not deserve to be the King. And these feelings? They'll fade once you take over the throne so throw them away in advance." The King said as Taehyung sighed.
"Stop! I never wanted to be the King! All I ever wanted was a peaceful life... but you always forced me into training. How to k*ll animals... how to run fast... how to endure pain. I don't want to learn any of them! But still, I'm willing to be the King, why are you deceiving me?" Taehyung asked as the King scoffed. 

"Your Highness. I'm sorry to interrupt.. but it doesn't look like Prince Taehyung wants to cooperate. Of course, we didn't expect this scene. But... we should leave now. Let's discuss this at Hades." Albert spoke as Taehyung looked at them suspiciously. You peeked outside to see them leaving as Taehyung looked at them mumbling, "What are they doing.."
"Let's meet at Hades. Come here fast. We need a discussion." The King spoke eyeing the rock behind Taehyung as he smirked internally turning around along with the hunters. They were soon out of your sight as you got out asking, "Are they gone?"
Taehyung nodded looking at the path suspiciously. 
"I don't think they are gone so easily... You should head back quickly. Apply this at home." Taehyung spoke pointing towards the herbs in your hand as you nodded saying, "I will."