Chapter 1: L/N Manor

Y/N's alarm clock rang loudly in his large bedroom on the second of the five floors in L/N Manor. He sprang out of bed to turn it off and laid back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

He laid there for a bit before the door was pushed open. He tilted his to see who it was and saw his sister. "Mum said get out of bed," she said, before running back down the corridor. Y/N sat up rubbing his eyes and eventually got dressed and headed downstairs and into the kitchen. M/N was cooking today, and was preparing a wonderful breakfast.

D/N was sitting at the dining table reading the Daily Prophet. "Y/N, could you fetch the mail please?" D/N asked. "Sure," Y/N responded. "Thanks," D/N added as Y/N was heading for the front door. As Y/N was nearly at the door, mail flew through the letterbox in the centre of the door. Y/N slumped down and brought the mail up off the floor and into the kitchen.

Y/N didn't bother reading the letters. Y/N brought the mail to the dining table and handed it all to D/N, and took a seat next to him, waiting for breakfast. "Oh, Y/N, you got your Hogwarts letter," said D/N, as he handed a envelope to to Y/N. The letter read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order Of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Mr. L/N,

We are please to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry. Please find a enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

The list of everything required to purchase read:

Uniform
First-year students will require:
Three sets of plain work robes (black).
One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear.
One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar).
One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings).
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

Course Books
All students will have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book Of Spells (Grade 1), Miranda Goshawk.
A History Of Magic, Bathilda Bagshot.
Magical Theory, Adalbert Waffin.
A Beginner's Guide To Transfiguration, Emeric Ewitch.
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, Phyllida Spore.
Magical Drafts And Potions, Arsenius Figger.
Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, Newt Scamander.
The Dark Forces: A Guide To Self-Protection, Quentin Trimble.

Other Equipment
1 wand.
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2).
1 set of glass or crystal phials.
1 telescope.
1 set brass scales

Students may bring an owl or a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK.

"We'll go to Diagon Alley and get all this after breakfast," D/N said. So they all ate breakfast, and they were done prepared to use the fireplace for floo powder to travel to Diagon Alley.

"Right, S/N you'll go first," M/N said. S/N grabbed a handful of floo powder and walked over to the fireplace. "Diagon Alley," she said clearly and dropped the powder. As the floo powder collided with the ground, green flames erupted and consumed S/N. When the flames went out, S/N was nowhere to be seen. "Y/N, you're up next," M/N said. You reached into the bag copied everything your sister did. "Diagon Alley," you bellow, dropping the powder. Next thing you know you're in Diagon Alley standing next to S/N.