Chapter 12: The Dark Forest

"Woohoo!" Y/N exclaimed. "Y/N, it's the morning, where you so happy?" Ron asked, groggily. "I heard there are drumsticks down in Great Hall," Y/N lied. Ron immediately jumped out of bed and ran out of the room. Pressumably to the Great Hall.

"Is there actually drumsticks?" Harry asked. "No I was joking," Y/N admitted. "Oh, why are you so excited then?" Harry asked. "Hermione is coming back today," Y/N said. "Oh, I see why'd you be excited then," Harry grinned. "Shut up," Y/N said, blushing.

"Anyway, I'm going down to the Train Station to wait for her. Want to come?" Y/N asked. "No, I'm alright," Harry said. "Suit yourself," Y/N said. Ron burst through the door, with an angry facial expression. "You said there was drumsticks!" Ron complained, pointing a finger at Y/N. "I was joking," Y/N said, slipping through the doorway.

Y/N arrived at the Train Station to see the Hogwarts Express had just pulled into the Station. Y/N pushed through the crowd to catch any sight of Hermione. Eventually, he spotted a head of bushy, brown hair. "Hey Hermione," Y/N greeted. They turned around for Y/N to see it wasn't Hermione. "Oh, sorry. I thought you were someone else," Y/N apologized.

He found another head of bushy, brown hair. "Hey Hermione," Y/N greeted, hoping it was the right person this time. Hermione turned around and her face lit up at the sight of Y/N. "Y/N!" Hermione squealed, hastily embracing Y/N. "I've missed you so much," Hermione said. "I've missed you too. Come on let me take you back to Harry and Ron," Y/N said.

It was a few months later, and the Quartet had come no closer to figuring out who Nicholas Flamel was. They were currently sitting in the Common Room, lounging around.

"Come on, just come to the Library. We need still haven't found out who Nicholas Flamel is" Hermione said. "Hermione, I don't think we're ever going to find out," Y/N said. "Not with that kind of attitude. Now come on!" Hermione demanded.

At that moment Neville entered the Common Room, eating a chocolate frog. "Does anybody want this chocolate frog card? It's Dumbledore. I don't collect them," Neville asked. "I've never had a look at those. Could I have it?" Hermione asked. "There you go," Neville said, handing the card to Hermione. "Thanks," Hermione thanked.

Hermione read the blurb and immediately dropped the card in shock. "I've figured it out. Come on come on!" Hermione ordered. Y/N, Harry and Ron followed Hermione to Library. "Wait here," Hermione demanded. They took a seat at a long table.

Hermione returned, this time carrying a huge book. Hermione practically threw the book onto the table, making Harry and Ron jump. And she took a seat next to Y/N. "I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading," Hermione said. "This is light?" Ron questioned, to which Hermione sent a glare back.

Hermione flicked through the pages, and stopped on one of them. "Of course! Here it is! 'Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!'" Hermione quoted. "The what?" Harry and Ron asked. "Honestly, don't you two read?" Y/N questioned. "'The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir Of Life, which will make the drinker immortal'," Hermione read out loud.

"Immortal?" Ron wondered. "It means you'll never die," Y/N defined. "I know what it means!" Ron moaned. "Why'd you ask then?" Y/N snapped back. "Shh!" Harry silenced. "'The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his six hundred and sixty fifth birthday!' That's what Fluffy's guarding on the Third Floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione concluded.

It was currently nighttime, and Quartet were on their way to Hagrid's Hut. "Hagrid!" Harry cried. Hagrid opened the door, wearing oven mitts and an apron. "Oh, 'ello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today," Hagrid said, going to close the door. "We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" The Quartet chanted. Hagrid reopened the door. "Oh," Hagrid said, letting them in.