Chapter 11: The Mirror Of Erised

Y/N was tossing and turning in his bed, incapable of falling asleep. Y/N heard a noise coming from Harry's bed. Y/N looked in the direction of the commotion. And saw getting the invisibility cloak from trunk.

"Harry? What're you doing?" Y/N asked. "I'm going to use the cloak to search for Flamel. Want to come?" Harry asked. "Sure," Y/N said.

Harry draped the cloak around the both of them, and ran off to the Restricted Section.

They wandered around the aisles of the Restricted Section, in search for anything with the slightest mention of Nicholas Flamel. Harry's hand stuck out of the cloak, brandishing a lantern.

They put out the lamp and removed the cloak. "Famous fire eaters...15th Century Fiends...Flamel...Nicholas Flamel...where the hell are you?" Y/N said out loud.

Harry selected a book and opened it. The pages in the book transformed into a face. The face screamed it's lungs out, and quickly shut the book. "Who's there?!" Filch's voice rang out.

The both of them whipped around, and hid themselves beneath the cloak. Knocking over the lantern in the process. "Who is it? Show yourself," Filch demanded.

The duo sprinted from the Restricted Section, breathing heavily. They ran along a corridor, where Mrs. Norris just happened to be. The cat meowed and began to follow them.

They turned a corner, just as Snape and Quirrell appear. Snape grabbed Quirrell by the collar, and shoved him up against the wall.

"Severus...I-I thought..." Quirrell stuttered. "You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," Snape threatened. "W-what do you mean?" Quirrell questioned, attempting to play stupid. "You know perfectly well what I mean," Snape spat.

Snape sensed something and turned to Y/N and Harry. Y/N and Harry covered their mouths to stop their loud breathing. Snape reached out to grab something, but doesn't. Snape whipped his wand back in front of Quirrell's fearful face.

"We'll have another chat soon...when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie," Snape said. Filch came waddling up the corridor, carrying Y/N and Harry's broken lantern.

"Oh, Professors. I found this, in the Restricted Section. It's still hot. That means there's students out of bed," Filch informed. The duo of Y/N and Harry quickly sneaked away to a ajar door.

When they entered, they removed the cloak from themselves. The entire room is empty, except, a large mirror in the corner of the room.

Harry strolled over to mirror and looked at his reflection. "Mum? Dad?" Harry said, confused. "Harry, what're you on about?" Y/N asked. "Look at this," Harry said. Y/N walked and stood opposite the mirror. At first only Y/N's reflection was all that could be seen. But, Hermione was soon visible in the mirror. She grabbed Y/N's hand and kissed his cheek and all over his face, and eventually, on the lips.

"Woah," Y/N said. "Do you see my parents?" Harry asked. "No," Y/N said. "What do you see then?" Harry asked. "Hermione," Y/N answered. "Really? Why can you see Hermione?" Harry questioned. "We need to tell Ron about this," Y/N said. "I'll go get him," Harry said. "And, Harry, could you get me a quill, and some parchment?" Y/N asked. Harry draped the cloak around himself and left Y/N by himself.

Harry soon returned, this time with Ron. "Here's the stuff you asked for," Harry said, handing Y/N the parchment and quill. Y/N wrote down the text on the top of mirror. "What do you see, Ron?" Harry asked. "That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm the Quidditch Cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good. Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?" Ron asked. "How can it? Both my parents are dead," Harry said.

"What're you writing, Y/N?" Ron asked. "I wrote down the text at the top of the mirror. But it was gibberish. So, I wrote it backwards, and it says 'I show not your face but your heart's desire'," Y/N enlightened.

"So, your your desire is to be with Hermione?" Harry asked. "What?! I'm so telling her when she comes back," Ron said.  "Don't you dare Weasley!" Threatened Y/N. "Bloody hell, I won't," Ron said.

Harry had been visiting the mirror every night. Y/N had warned Harry that the mirror might get to his head. But his advice fell on deaf ears.

This night was like all the previous nights. Harry grabbed his invisibility cloak and prepared to leave. "Not again, Harry. That mirror could drive you insane," Y/N warned. Harry pushed past Y/N and exited without a word.

Y/N stayed up all night until Harry returned. After some time, Harry's form came through the door. "Dumbledore said he's getting rid of the mirror," Harry said. "Did you tell you the same thing I did?" Y/N asked. "Yeah. By the way, thanks for looking out for me. You're were right," Harry thanked. "No problem. What're friends for?" Y/N said.

Y/N and Harry climbed back into bed and fell into a deep sleep.