Snowy Times

~Levi~

Looking out the window from my office, I watch our first snowfall heavily. The flakes were large as they came from the grey sky. I had taken a break from paperwork and decided to admire the snow.

Outside my window, in the east courtyard, I saw my wife and child playing in the snow. It seemed as though they were building a snowman. I haven't done that in years... Kenny was down there too helping out keeping a close watch on my newly confirmed pregnant (Y/N).

I turn away from the window and slowly walk over to the door. There, I grab my coat and slip on some shoes before heading down to meet with them. Walking out the door I was greeted by the guard standing by. He was prepared to follow me as I begin to walk down the hall. But I raise my hand signaling him to stop.

Once at the stairs I make my way down into the foyer then to the right to the east courtyard. Swinging one door open I step out into the bitter cold, I exhale softly seeing a puff of smoke from my warm breath diminish once it reaches the cold air.

There they were the three of them playing in the snow. (Y/N) stood there with one hand on her belly. It hadn't grown much she was only a few weeks into her pregnancy. Next week would be Gratiarum Actio, and her mother was coming to visit for a few days. There (Y/N) would tell her mother, Petra was coming to being that the two had grown much closer over the years after the exile of the Kirestiens.

As I watched them and smirked softly. I kept my eyes locked on my wife, suddenly I had a nostalgic feeling thinking about the days when (Y/N) and I first met. It was almost six years ago, she and I shared a lot of wonderful adventures together even when shit got really bad.

Watching her closely I saw her smile grow as she watched our little girl play with her 'grandfather' Kenny, her free hand patted on the snowman helping keep it together while baby Kuchel would bring more snow over. But then, our eyes met and her smile never faltering. It only grew bigger. She then cocks her head back beckoning me to come to her, I did as asked and began to trudge through the white deep snow.

(Y/N) then took her hand off her growing belly and extended it out to me. When I got close enough I took it without hesitation and she pulled me in. Letting go for only a moment I hook my arm around her waist and pull her into me from the side. She wraps her arms around my torso and rests her head on my shoulder. "Taking a break?" she asks.

I let out a sigh. "Yes, I thought I'd see what the commotion was," I say as I turn my head to look over at the gates.

Winter was easy on us, no storms to put (Y/N) in her paralyzing state of fear, although it was cold I never once had to worry about (Y/N) running off and getting hurt like she had on countless occasions. And look at the gate somehow reminded me of the few times we were caught on the road in the storms. Even the one time she risked her life to save mine.

~(Y/N)~

He was deep in thought, as usual. His eyes boring at the gates as if waiting for something or someone to come through. I place my other hand on his chest grabbing his attention. "Is something troubling you? You needn't stay if you have work." I tell him.

His head darts down as he shakes his head and pursed his lips together. "No, sorry- just remembering some stuff," he mutters, he then looks forward at our child watching as she threw a snowball at Kenny's head. Kenny smirked softly.

"So, that's how it's gonna be kid?" he asks her. Rushing to her he picked her up and spun her around as they both laughed.

"Hey! Be careful with her you as-... Just be careful!" Levi says. He had made it his personal business along with Kenny to not swear around Kuchel. But at times Levi would nearly slip up.

Kenny stops spinning and looks at Levi. "I know what I'm doing kid! I'm careful," he says.

Kenny's eyes shifted onto Kuchel as she looked up at him and smiled. The two were like best friends always causing trouble. Last week they had pranked one of the guards by putting worms in his pasta. Levi wasn't too happy with that.

We watched as Kuchel stole his hat and put it on her head. Kenny smiled softly as he fixed it from covering her face. "Well, would you look at that? Looks better on you don't it?" he asks.

"Well, I can see where Kuchel's been getting the bad grammar now," Levi mutters. I gently nudge him and laugh softly.

"I want one just like it Papa!" she says, Kenny smirks gently before setting her on the ground, he kneels before her.

"Maybe when you're all grown up I'll get you one." he says.

For some reason, I felt a pang in my chest as I watched the two hug and play in the snow. The thought that Kenny won't be able to be with Kuchel kind of hurt, I knew at some point in her life she'd have to go on without him. I shook my head to rid of the thought and push it far back in my mind, this caused Levi to look down at me. "What is it darling? You look sad," he says softly.

I inhale softly and shake my head. "It's nothing... just thinking," I mutter. I felt his lips press at the side of my head and I smile gently as I turn to look at him. Leaning down he pressed his lips into mine, his lips were soft and warm. After a few seconds, we parted and turn back to the two who were now making snow angels. I shouldn't worry about the future. Enjoy the moments now.

Kuchel came up to us and raised her arms to me wishing to be picked up. Levi quickly obliged and lifted her into his arms. "Want some tea to warm you up?" he asks.

She nods and smiles. "Yes please!" she says while wrapping her arms around his neck, she cuddled into Levi searching for whatever warmth she could find as we all headed inside to warm up. My left arm hook around Levi's as we both walked in with Kenny behind us. My free hand fell over my belly and soon excitement came over me. Soon, we'd be sharing more memories and with a new little one in the picture too. And I looked forward to meeting our second child.