A Moment Alone

~(Y/N)~

I followed the servants close behind with boxed-up decorations. I had intended to carry it myself but because I was pregnant everyone was worried I'd hurt myself. We entered the living area where the large tree was put up.

Servants set the boxes down on the tables and began decorating. Wanting to make new traditions while still keeping the old ones I had, I pick my daughter up who had been playing at her indoor tea party table. Placing her on my hip I held her with one arm as I carry her over to the tree where a box of ornaments sat on a stool.

Leaning over slightly I pick one up and hand it to her, I made sure it wasn't glass in case she dropped it. "Now sweetie, hang it on the tree... like this," I say as I place the ornament I had in my hand. It was the first time she decorated. Slowly she slipped the string around the branch then carefully let it hang off.

One by one the servants along with me and my daughter decorated the tree until it was filled. The last thing to put on was the angel at the top of the tree. I grab the angel and begin to slowly climb up the steps making sure to be careful until I heard footsteps running up. "M'lady please be careful!" a woman says. I stop and turn back to look down at her.

"Oh hush now, I am quite alright, no need to worry," I say with a soft smile, the lady's worried gaze didn't falter as she held onto the ladder for me. When I reached the top of the tree I reach over and slowly place the angel on top. I gently moved it around a bit to make sure it was firmly on top of the tree.

"(Y/N)?!" I then hear a masculine voice call with worry and horror.

I stop and look down finding Levi rushing over to the tree. Kenny was right behind him grabbing Kuchel. Levi pushed the servant aside and stuck his arms up while waving his fingers to come down quickly. I stuck my pointer finger signaling I would in a moment as I checked the angel one last time. "(Y/N) the servants can check, get down here this instant before you break something." Levi orders.

I let out a soft sigh and let the angel go. Slowly and carefully I begin to step down until I felt Levi's arms grab my waist and pull me down. When he let me down I look up at him and flash him a slightly annoyed glare. "I'm pregnant, that doesn't mean I can't be useful," I say as I look around.

Levi simply rolled his eyes I took my hand and tugged me out of the living room and into the hall. He didn't stop there, we continued to make our way through the castle until he brought me upstairs to his office. Pushing me in, he stepped in last and shut the door behind himself then locked it.

I look at him curiously, he began to take large steps towards me as if he were angrily storming my way causing me to step back a bit. Out of nowhere he grabs my shirt and pulled it open breaking every button. "Levi! What on earth?!" I snap as I cover my chest, Levi didn't say anything he simply pushed me against his desk and lifted me up slightly until I sat down on the edge of his desk.

Then he bent slightly and his lips fell onto my growing belly. He was kissing the growing baby like he had done to Kuchel, but that was when I was actually showing. "I know you want to be useful... but you must act with caution now that you are caring another. And even if you think you were safe, the ladder could have easily fallen out from under you," he mutters against my skin, his lips still slightly pressed into my stomach.

To be honest, I was still getting used to being pregnant again, sometimes I'd forget since I hadn't started showing yet. But now with Levi here in this position, I knew I couldn't continue doing what I was doing before without being cautious. He was right. "I'm sorry... I just wanted to help... I'll be more careful." I say, my fingers ran through his jet black hair calming him as he let out a long sigh.

He stood up straight, with his left arm he wraps it around my waist as he pulls me in. His free hand rested on my face as he bent down and kissed me softly. Levi and I hadn't really had a moment to ourselves since finding out about the baby. We had been so busy, him with loads of paperwork and I decorating the castle for Christmas and helping Petra plan her spring wedding to Oluo. Not to mention taking care of Kuchel, which thankfully we had Kenny who helped out with that most of the time.

Quickly easing into his soft, sweet kiss I wrap my arms around him. Although the kiss lasted for only a few moments every moment with him seemed to last longer than expected. After the short kiss, we stood there holding each other giving a moment to ourselves.