Baby Names

~(Y/N)~

"Mama, what are we doing here?" Kuchel asks as she squeezes my hand in the rather dark room. Flicking on a light it revealed a new nursery that was in the works.

"I'm here to pick out some paint samples, this is going to be the baby's room," I explain.

Releasing my hand she skips up to the wall and slaps it a few times. "You should paint it blue!" she says loudly.

As she runs towards me I place my hand on her head hoping to calm her a bit. "Maybe I will love, but we must keep our options open." I tell her.

Stepping up to the premade crib Kuchel stands beside me and tugs at the skirt of my dress. "Whatcha going to name him?" she asks.

I smile down at her. "What makes you think it will be a boy? It could be a girl sweetie." I tell her.

She shook her head and frowned. "I want a baby brother though!" she says.

I smile and kneel before her. "You better wish very hard then my dear," I tell her.

She nods and smiles showing her pearly white teeth. "I'm gonna pray extra hard every night before bed mama!" she shouts.

Chuckling softly I stand on my feet and turn back to the crib where there were some thin sheets of wood painted with the color choices. "But mama what will you name him?" she asks again.

Pivoting slightly I take her into my arms and rest her on my hip. My left arm wrapped around her making sure she wouldn't slip. "Your father and I haven't decided yet. You may not know until the baby arrives my sweet." I tell her.

Sticking out her bottom lip she looks at the paints with me. I was only a few months pregnant now, Levi and I hadn't thought of babies' names yet, although I'm sure we'd just use what we had planned for when we were having Kuchel. As I held Kuchel in my arms we decided to go with a pastel yellow for the room seeming that it fit the room and would brighten it up. Afterward, Kuchel and I wandered through the castle hand in hand as we talked about random topics. It was odd to think she had turned five just a few days ago. Time was just going by so fast. Too fast.