Chapter 6

Charley's POV

The next day, the boys didn't come down to the restaurant, nor did they on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or today. It's really nice not having to worry about them coming down and getting me fired. Even though everyone at the restaurant liked the boys and put my boss in a better mood, I was glad they were gone.

Breaking my thoughts, I stepped out of my car at Annabelle's house after changing into a long sleeve shirt. It was about 11:45, so I had only gotten off work 45 minutes ago. I had time to run home and change and put away my work stuff. Unfortunately, my dad was home and he was awake. He was intoxicated, but that didn't stop him from punching me in my arm and muttering some incoherent words.

I was fairly used to it, so all I can do is wait for him to stop or yank away as hard as I can and run. He was able to get a few hits in before I finally got out of his grasp and ran out the door. Luckily I had a spare long sleeve shirt in my car (for when these things happen) and I was able to change into it to cover my bruises. Unfortunately, his fist made some contact with my face, and there was nothing I could do about the noticeably forming bruise, so I left it and decided I would make something up.

I then made my way up to Annabelle's door and knocked. A few seconds later, Annabelle's mom was at the door, pulling me in for a hug. After greeting me and pulling away from the hug, she stopped and stared at me. "Charley, what happened to your face?" she asked, trying to look at the forming bruise closely.

"Don't worry, I just fell walking out of work tonight. I tripped on something on the ground and I couldn't see it because it was dark," I reassured her.

She sighed and said, "You worry me, child!"

I laughed a bit before leaving to go up to Annabelle's room.

I walked in only to find Luke sitting on the floor playing Legos while Annabelle and Aiden...made out in the corner.

"Really, guys? In front of Luke?" I asked, surprising them both and causing them to break apart.

"It's not like he was intently watching," said Aiden.

"I trust you guys to babysit Luke. Not let him play while you two make out."

Annabelle rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever, mom."

"Wait...Charley, what happened to your face?" Aiden asked.

"Oh, I fell on my way out of work. There was a stick on the ground, and well...you can probably figure out the rest."

Annabelle and Aiden laughed and Annabelle said, "Smooth moves."

"I try," I laughed, thanking God that they bought the lie.

I then went and sat by Luke. "Hey, buddy, I'm surprised you're still up."

"I wanted to finish my Lego! I'm almost done!" He exclaimed, making me smile.

How did I get so lucky to have a brother like him?

---

Eventually, Wednesday came. It was currently 11:15 PM and I was standing in the back of the restaurant, my head on my hand as I flipped through a magazine Alison had left. I usually didn't have customers on Wednesday nights because one, Wednesdays aren't crowded, and two, most people like to sit outside or go to the bar.

I don't even understand why my manager has me here until 2:00 AM anyway. If anyone found out she was working me this late, she could be arrested.

I sighed, slumping down a bit. Only three more hours...

Harry's POV

It was about 11:00 when I decided I couldn't sleep. I haven't been able to sleep at all the past week or so because of what Niall said about me playing with girls.