Chapter 5

IT'S BEEN A MONTH, I KNOW. I HONESTLY DON'T HAVE ANY DIFFERENT EXCUSES. I'm so sorry.

Please enjoy this chapterrrr!

Niall's POV

I looked at the clock.

7:00 AM.

I got in bed at midnight last night. I have been awake since.

I literally have stayed awake all night thinking about how Charley accused me of taking pity on her. I couldn't really figure out if I was or not. I was really confused about what happened the other night, and I wasn't really sure how to react.

I sighed, getting up from the bed and running my hand through my hair. This was going to be a long day.

I walked out into the main room to see Harry sitting at the breakfast bar eating a bowl of cereal. Harry and I weren't exactly on speaking terms right now, but I didn't really care at this point. I was too stressed about Charley to think about him.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled out some Captain Crunch cereal and poured myself a bowl, sitting next to Harry. I didn't want to make it awkward by just sitting a few seats away.

"What are you doing up so early?" He asked, tiredly.

"I could ask the same for you," I said, going in to eat a spoonful of my cereal.

"I couldn't sleep with traffic outside the window. Why are you up?" He asked.

Bullshit.

"Same," I simply said.

"Niall, you know you can just tell me," Harry said.

I sighed and said, "I was just up thinking."

"All night long?"

"Yeah," I said, eating more cereal.

"About?" He asked.

"Charley," I sighed. Why am I even trying to talk to Harry about this?

Harry rolled his eyes and said, "My God, you need to get over her. You met her the other night. You told us she said that she didn't care anymore. Will you just let it go? She overreacted to the whole thing. It was just a bet and a one night stand. You gotta do it sometime in your life."

"She didn’t overreact, and she was lying when she said she didn’t care anymore. Harry, I regret taking that stupid bet because I’ve realized it’s not okay to play with girls! It’s man whoreish to sleep with random girls and it actually affects them in the end, and that's why I never wanted to do it in the first place!” I burst. I didn't want to listen to any more of his ignorant comments.

Harry got really quiet and I slammed my spoon back down on the counter. "I've been going insane about this whole bet ever since you brought it up. For the past three days, I've been pissed off at you, but I've tried to keep it in, and I just can't anymore! You need a real reality check, Harry."

With that, I scooted by chair back and left the room and slammed the door to my room shut, leaving a stunned Harry.

This was just too aggravating.

---

"Niall, I've got something for you!" Liam called.

I tiredly lifted my head from the pillow. What time was it?

6:00 PM. I went to sleep at around 9:00 this morning, and I guess I've been asleep since.

Next thing I knew, Liam came into my room with an envelope.