Chapter 1.

3rd POV

There on the stage was a beautiful young woman accepting an Potamkin Prize award and she was only 29 years old. She has been receiving awards since she finished her neurosurgeon course and has been dipping her toes in science when she was only 14 years old. She has a doctorate in neurosurgeon and neuroscience,also one in Law and a Master's degree in Computer science. She basically has a finger in every pie but she was met with a tragedy a year ago that only hardened her already stone of a heart.

"Thank you again for this award,if my husband was here he'd really appreciate. James left me a lot of money when he passed away and that's money I'll be donating to every cancer project and experiment out there. I've tried everything to cure James and we did" She said her voice cracking a little "which is why I am giving 140 million to cancer project of any kind so that a lot of people won't have to go through what my husband did and I know this is what he'll want me to do with the money. Thank you" she said finishing up her speech.

She was talking to her colleagues and maybe friends at the after party,when Khalil asked for her.

"A, Dr. Brown would like to speak with you" he said

"And here I thought my night was going great,lead me to her" she said following him into the back of the building.

There on the dark was a woman pacing up and down with her red gown flowing graciously.

Dr. Brown

 Brown

"Dr. Brown how can I help you?" Astrid asked the woman.

"You can help me by giving my project,the fucking money you promised me!" She said with gritted teeth.

"Sorry I can't do that"  she said "Your whole project was based on enhumane experiments and remember how James didn't want anything to do with you once he found out? " Astrid asked her "Now imagine giving you his money to carry more enhumane experiments, he'll roll in his grave"

"Don't tell me about your dead husband!" Dr. Brown screamed "The was lot of things James didn't know and I'm sure he'll roll in his coffin until he gets over it" she told Astrid "I've never done those things before until I offered to be on the team that helped James because you guys were my friends and now you want to blame everything on me" she yelled.

"There's one thing you aren't going to do and that's disrespect my husband. I won't give you the money Melissa and that's final,now go hung yourself on a tomato tree" Astrid said walking away until Melissa shouted her name.

"How about I tell the press and police about all the experiments we've done" she shouted "And I mean everything from the unlawful experiments we did with the homeless and poor people huh!!" She said grabbing Astrid's wrist and turning her around.

Astrid was a quiet for a long time but then she smiled "There's no need to do that Mel,how long have we known each other?" She asked Melissa.

"Since freshmen in Harvard and I was the one who took care of you after that whole thing,I also introduced you to James too" Melissa said.