𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | COAL DIGGER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AMELIA SAT AT THE KITCHEN TABLE SCROLLING THROUGH HER CELL WHER HER OLDER SISTER WALKS INTO THE ROOM. "Mom, can I have forty dollars for lunch?" Haley asks her mother. "Forty Dollars?!" Claire says. "I also need a book for school," Haley says. 

"What book?" Claire asks. "She wants a dress," Amelia says after Haley does not answer. Claire glares at her oldest daughter who nods guiltily. " Do you have any idea what a bad liar you are?" The blonde woman says. "I'd be more worried that she couldn't come up with a single book title," Alex says.

"Alex? Where did you come from?" Amelia asked. "Haha, very funny," Alex says sarcastically. "No. I'm serious. Since when are you sitting here?" Amelia asks. "Seriously?" Alex says and goes back to finishing her homework. "Whatever," Amelia says.

"Luke come on we are getting late," Phil says walking into the kitchen. Luke then stand up his t-shirt inside-out and his pants backwards and t-shirt zipped in his pants. "There's a first, inside out and backwards. At least it isn't zipped into his... Oh, there it is!" Claire says.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Amelia's friends had ditched her for their nerdy classmate, Melanie's brother, Nathan's party which she was apparently 'too small to go to' according to her mother. The brunette sat in the backseat of the car while her parents fought over whether to cancel the Sunday barbeque with the Delgado-Prichett's because of some fight Luke and Manny had. Amelia groaned and feeling bored she dozed off.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Once the family had reached home Amelia immediately went to her room. She lay on her bed thinking of all the fun her friends might be having now. She flips her phone open searching for her best friend, Alana Starr's contact number. She dials it waiting for her friend to pick it up.

"Hey, Amy!" Alana's cheerful voice said. "Lana hey! How's the party?" She asked. "I don't know we haven't reached yet?" Alana told her friend. "Good," Amelia said sitting up and walking toward her wardrobe. "Cause I'm coming too." "OMG! This is going to be awesome!!!" Alana exclaimed in a high pitched voice. "I know!! Ok, I'll see you there. Text me the address K?" "Ok. Byee!" Alana said and they hung up.

Amelia smiled and looked at her now open wardrobe. She picked out a blue dress that was good enough for a party but not so great that her mother would know she was going to a party. This was the perfect plan.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After Amelia was ready she descended down the stairs only to be greeted by her mother. "Where are you going?" Claire asked. "To a par- the parlour. The ice cream parlour," The girl said. Claire narrowed her eyes at Amelia's outfit.