𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | FIZBO

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AMELIA SAT IN THE HOSPITAL WAITING ROOM IN SHOCK. "I can't believe this has happened."

"I know," Hayley says sadly, taking a seat beside Amelia. Alex sits on Amelia's right, letting out a sad sigh she says, "I guess that's life. You never know what'll happen." Hayley and Amelia nod sadly in agreement at Alex's statement.

A FEW DAYS AGO....

Phil and Claire were sitting at the kitchen island talking. Amelia sat on her usual chair at the dining table trying to study for the Algebra test coming up.

"There he is. Big day coming up," Phil greets Luke who had just walked in. "What do want for your birthday, big dog," Phil questions, as Claire too looks at her son with a smile on her face.

"Big dog, dad?" Amelia raises her eyebrows looking away from her textbook. Phil throws his hands to the side indicating that he was asking what was wrong with those words. Amelia shakes her head and opens up a page in her notebook titled: People (Family) Who are Okay to be seen with, and crosses off Phil's name.

The only names not crossed out now were Hayley, Cam and Gloria.

Claire and Phil's eyes avert back to Luke. He thinks for barely a second before answering genuinely. "It's Okay. I'm good."

Amelia's eyes widen and she drops her pencil down.

"Come on. Sky's the limit. Dream big my boy, "Phil speaks walking toward his son. "Well, I guess I could use a belt," He shrugs innocently.

"What?! It's your birthday Luke. You can literally ask for anything. Well not anything-anything because we are lowkey broke but moral of the story: never ask a belt for your birthday." How could anyone ask for merely a belt on their birthday. She definitely wouldn't.

"Amelia first of all: we are not poor in any way," Claire looks from her daughter, who was skeptical about what the blonde woman had just said, to her son, "and Luke minus the broke part, listen to your sister."

"Yeah, you're right. I don't need it." He lifts up his shirt to show the white extension cord holding up his pants. Amelia was taken aback by this, it was a somewhat 'smart move' and well you couldn't exactly call Luke smart, on the other hand, it was a COMPLETE eyesore.

"An extension cord works pretty good."

Claire, Phil and Amelia's faces were covered in pity and guilt.

AMELIA!

"Luke's birthday comes around thanksgiving so well it isn't made that much of a big deal," Amelia explained to the camera.