Chapter 125

Aleah’s P.O.V.

Every time I tried to close my eyes I could feel it.

The doctors said I could bleed for hours or even days, they hadn’t been able to pin point how far along I was but they presumed by the amount of blood around six-eight weeks. I know it would have happened the night of the engagement party, my first night with Jayce, our love accumulated that night into pure passion and this baby was the result of that.

Dad had walked out after I told him about Jayce being the father, he hadn’t given me the chance to explain anything before he disappeared.

He’d probably told Tara by now, which means Jayce would know too. He should have heard it from me but I had barely started to understand what was happening myself, I couldn’t explain it to anyone else, I wasn’t strong enough.

Chad had come back in not long after Dad left, I’ve told him to go home a hundred times but he won’t until Dad comes back, he doesn’t want me to be alone.

“Could you message Brie for me? Tell her what’s happening? She’ll want to come here too when she wakes up.” I ask between the sniffles that don’t seem to want to stop today.

Chad has my hand in his, Elizabeth still sitting in a chair at the bottom when Dad finally comes back in.

“Tara wants to come here now. Elizabeth, she’s asking if you could meet her out front and take Milo home with you for a few hours? I’ll stop by and pick him up later, we won’t send him to school today.”

Elizabeth nods, squishing my leg with her fingers as she gets up with a sad smile. “You’ll be okay dear, I know it doesn’t feel like it but I promise you that one day, you will be.” Elizabeth hadn’t told me her own story but I’d gathered from the little she did say that this was an unfortunate situation she’d found herself in at least once before as well. “Chad, come on lovely, you need some rest.”

Chads eyes didn’t leave mine. “I’m fine, you go.”

I reached out my hand and stroked the side of his face, he was exhausted, his face had never looked so pale and this whole thing had been emotionally crushing for him. “Please Chad, I’m okay here with Dad, just go sleep. Doc said I could be here for a while, you’re no good to me if you pass out from exhaustion are you? Just go sleep, text me when you get up later and I’ll tell you where I am.”

I tried to sound stronger than I felt, he had to go before Jayce got here. This isn’t how I wanted him to find out. That’s if Jayce comes at all...

Chad nods, taking my hand from his face and kissing the back gently. Dad shakes his hand before they leave, Chad still clearly reluctant to go but doing as I ask.

I waited for Dad to flip out, start screaming or asking questions but he didn’t. He just sat there, looking at me like I was a broken doll he didn’t know how to put back together.

“Dad, me and Jayce-”

“Not now poppet, sleep.”

He still wasn’t ready.

*********************

My eyes had just closed when I heard a commotion outside the doors and my name being called. Dad sat upright in the chair he’d been resting in, completely on guard when the door to the room swung open and Jayce stepped in.

I didn’t even get the chance to take in his face before Dad had launched at him across the room. Jayce’s back hit the wall with such a slam I screamed, nurses came running in, shouting back out for someone to get security.

“YOU FUCKING DID THIS TO HER! YOU HAD TO FUCKING HAVE THE ONE GIRL YOU WERE TOLD YOU COULDN’T DIDNT YOU?! I BET IT WAS ALL JUST A FUCKING SICK GAME TO YOU AND NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID!”

Jayce wasn’t even looking at my father as he held him against the wall, his forearm pressed harshly against his throat. He was only looking at me.

“Cole. I need you to get off me now, before they have us both thrown out of here.” Jayce’s voice was completely calm, a total contradiction to the situation he was in.

“Dad please!” My voice coming out as a mangled cry.

“STOP LOOKING AT HER! YOU’RE NEVER GETTING NEAR HER AGAIN!” Dad has never been this angry. He looks like he’s pushing so hard Jayce’s oxygen is going to cut off any second.

Jayce looks back at him. “Cole. Get off me.” His voice is slow, steady but powerful. I’ve read a lot in werewolf books about the power of an alphas aura, whatever the human equivalent of that is, that’s exactly what Jayce is exhibiting right now.

The door is opened again by two large security guards, flanked by a panicked Tara. “Oh my God! Cole! Put him down!”

Tara’s words finally manage to get through to my father. He slowly pulls himself back and I hear Jayce finally pull in the air his lungs definitely needed.

Tara tries to reason with the security guards as my father steps back and leans his head against the wall behind him. Jayce doesn’t seem to care that anyone else is in the room as he approaches me.

“I said stay away from her!” My father screams back at us, even pulling away from Tara as she attempts to calm him.

I finally can’t take it anymore and snap. “STOP! Will you just stop! I’m sorry you’re struggling with this Dad, I really am but this isn’t about you right now. You need to step back and give us some space here. Now.”

“I’m not leaving you alone with him.”

I scoff. “It’s a bit fucking late for that don’t you think?” I try to get it together to get out my next words but the tears start before I even get out the first one. “This was his baby too.”

Tara bursts into tears, running and throwing her arms around me as I start to sob without conviction. Dad pulls her away after a moment, moving her crying face from me to his shoulder. “Five minutes.”

I close my eyes, trying to get control of my weeping but it does nothing to holt it. I feel the bed next to me dip as Jayce lays down, scooping my whole body up and holding me into him.

I have been so petrified of his touch since the moment he returned but right now I need him, I need him to hold me.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asks as he holds my head tightly to his chest, his arms creating a protective barrier around me.

“I didn’t know... I swear I didn’t know. I would have told you.” I start to cry again and as his tears hit my cheek I realise he is too.

We just lay there, one of his arms moving instinctively to my stomach as we both stayed silent, mourning the loss of something so precious neither of us knew we had.

********************  

Dad hadn’t come back. Tara told us he’d had to walk around for a bit. She seemed to be coping much better with this than he was, although she had still yet to stop crying. She didn’t even seemed shocked when she came into the room to find us like this, I’m not sure how much she knew, maybe Jayce had the chance to explain our situation properly to her, unlike I had with my Dad.

The doctor who’d I met earlier came in, she scanned the room before speaking, clearly understanding she was entering a very sensitive environment.

“Aleah, I have some medical information I would like to talk to you about, could we be alone?”

I held onto Jayce tightly, I didn’t feel ready to let him go yet. “Can Jayce stay please?”

She smiles gently. “Is this the father?” I nod and can’t even look at him as his hold on me tightens at the sound of the word father.

He would have been amazing, if I’d given him the chance.

Tara steps to the door quietly. “I’ll go see if I can find your Dad.”

The doctor sits down in the chair next to us, concern on her face.

“It’s okay doc, I know what you’re going to say. This was my fault.”

Jayce sits up straighter, looking down at me. “How is this your fault?”

I stare at him before looking back at my feet. "Because I did everything I shouldn't. I lay on my stomach, I drank wine on the boat that day, I danced in training until my body was exhausted and... and... I was dirty... I let myself be with you when I knew it was wrong, I let myself spend all that time with Chad when I knew it would hurt him and other people. I've been pathetic and selfish and this was my punishment. They took my baby from me Jayce, our baby. They knew I wasn't good enough, or worthy enough to have it... I'm disgusting."

My voice broken, my body exhausted, I can't even cry anymore. The feeling of detest I currently feel towards myself is too much.

The doctor takes hold of my hand. "Aleah. Please stop. I've seen so many women come into this room in your situation and almost all of them go through this, blaming yourself can be part of the natural grieving process but I promise you that you are wrong. You are not responsible for this darling, nothing you did or didn't do would have changed the outcome of this pregnancy, that's what I was coming in here to tell you."

How the hell could she possibly know I'm not at fault? She doesn't understand what I am or what I've done.

"Aleah your tests and medical history lead me to believe you have a condition called endometriosis. From speaking to your father he told me your mother also had the condition, it is what caused her to suffer so many miscarriages herself."

I didn't know that my mum had been through this, why didn't she tell me? She always called me her little miracle but I thought it was just because her and my dad had loved me so much, it had never occurred to me they had tried and failed before.

"It presents differently in different women. For some it causes pain, irregular periods and other symptoms for others there are very few month to month symptoms and they don't even know they have it until they start to struggle to get pregnant or maintain a pregnancy. Aleah that's what has caused this, not you. Now we're aware we can help you with treatments but you must know that when you choose to have children it may not be an easy journey for you and you must prepare yourself for that."

It wasn't my fault. I start to flood with tears.

It wasn’t my fault. I keep repeating the words, not sure I entirely believe them.

I'd never thought too much about my future but I couldn’t picture one without kids in it, I had always wanted a family. Knowing it may just never happen for me, or the idea of having to go through this multiple times, was just too much to think about right now.

I laid my head back against Jayce, finally finding the tears I couldn't earlier and letting them go too. The doctor spoke to Jayce about the support I could get to cope with this loss and he thanked her but I couldn't talk anymore. As I felt blood slip from me again all I could do was cradle my stomach and feel grateful for the small time I had with this life inside of me, knowing they were too good for this cruel world anyway.

Guys we are in the Endgame now... Thank you for all your likes and comments on the previous upload! This one may very well be the calm before the final storm...

Don't forget to vote and comment beauts! I read everything you write 😁❤📖