Chapter 160

I stand in the doorway, not exactly sure what I should say. Our conversation at breakfast was pleasant enough but now it's just the two of us, alone.

Jayce had asked me to come in then raced back up the stairs, I'm assuming to hide the mess I'm sure this place is in but as I look around the room I'm in I can't see anything out of place. It's almost like a miniature version of mine and Josh's apartment in here, although the furniture is much nicer. I'm sure Jayce never has to climb onto his bed from the bottom and lay directly in the middle or the slats would fall through the cheap IKEA bed below him that the landlord kept promising to replace.

It has a cute living room with attached mini kitchen that has a view over the whole backyard. The smell of chlorine from the pool mixed with my hangover is making me feel nauseous though so he better hurry his ass up.

Jayce steps back out of the bedroom, now in a shirt. "Um.. most of my stuff is already on the boat so it's just like my clothes and stuff here really..  I'm probably good to do it myself if you'd rather do party prep?" His hands running back and forth over his neck.

"It's okay, I'm already here now so I might as well help, use me as you wish." Jesus Aleah! Did you just tell the only guy you've ever had sex with to use you as he wishes? Why not just wearing a glowing neon sign that reads 'I'm a big fat slut for you!'?

Jayce winks at me. "Guess I should show you to my bedroom then..." This is bad. Really bad. Us flirting like this never leads anywhere good. Well actually... it usually leads somewhere really good but that's the bloody problem isn't it.

Show no fear Aleah. Fuck boys can always sense fear.

He's the star of this town, the star of his college and soon to be actual star of the NBA. Just because he wasn't going out with the girl on the boat doesn't mean he's still not seeing anyone, he's probably ran through so many girls over the last three years even bloody Chad would've blushed.

Two can play at this game. I look at him doe-eyed and ready to own this. "It's fine Jayce, I've never had any problem finding my way to your bedroom before..."

I saunter straight past him, swinging my hips until I get to the door I assume leads to his bedroom, relieved when I see the recently slept in bed and am struck with the strong musky scent that I still sometimes dream I'm waking up too.

Jayce steps in behind me, his body unnecessarily close as he slides in through the doorway and around me. Okay let’s just get this done before I do something I regret.

The room is nice. The walls are adorned with lots of different canvasses, some Jayce's work but most of it's my mums. "You hung my mum's art up in here?"

He smiles looking around the walls. "Only my favourite ones, there's still loads downstairs if you want to take some with you when you move in with J-."

I cock my eyebrow at him. How does he know I'm going to be living with my gay best friend again in a few months? I know they don't see each other anymore so Josh definitely didn't tell him.

"Mum told me earlier, I was just wondering how long you were going to be staying here after the party.... I wasn't stalking you or anything." He smirks.

I walk over to the dresser. "You got a bag I can put all this stuff into stalker?"

He rolls his eyes at me, pulling out a duffle bag from under the bed and sending a small shoebox shooting across the floor to my feet with it. I lean down to pick it up but Jayce practically run me over trying to get it first and I land on the floor. "Jesus Jayce! How bad is your hidden porn collection that I need to take that kind of hit to avoid seeing it?!"

He bursts out laughing, shoving the box back under the bed and then putting a hand out to pull me up. "Some stuff just has to stay private princess."

Princess...

He realises it too, freezing for a moment before taking my hand and helping me back to my feet. I look back up at him, his eyes closer to me now than they were yesterday on the boat as he trails them down over my face before settling on my lips. My heart now hammering in my chest to match the pounding making its way back to my head.

My hand is still in his, he's holding it so tight I can feel his heartbeat through the pulse in his palm and its almost as erratic as my own.

How do we keep ending up here? We're magnets that can't seem to find a way to repel each other no matter which way we turn. Right now I just want to take that hand and wrap it around my hips, pulling me into him and letting me soak into his body before I..

Okay really this time, enough.

I look away and grab the bag off the floor before returning to the dresser. Jayce steps back as I open the top drawer, looking at the contents before slamming it shut again. Yep, bad idea.

"You've seen my underwear before Lee.." He teases, knowing why I just slammed it shut. "...Just like I've seen all of yours."

Okay one more flirt and I'm done, I swear. "Not all of it, some of the new stuff I have even Brie said she couldn’t wear... I’ll never understand how they can charge so much money for such little.. tiny.. amounts of material but it just looked so good on me, I couldn’t leave it there..."

I take the bag straight passed the practically frozen in shock man and walk into the closet. "I've got this one, you can do the dresser."

Game. Set. Match.

Please remember to vote and comment beauts 😁❤📖