1 | Monday As Usual...

"What are you doing down here?" Lisa asked, pulling her eyes away from her laptop and at her daughter through her reading glasses while sipping some coffee.

"I'm just putting my shoes on. It's Monday." Pansy shrugged, grabbing a pair of black combat boots from the shoe rack.

"I know, but you're half an hour earlier than normal. Usually, you drag your brother out the door two minutes before school starts. It's a nice change, though." Lisa smiled.

"It's not permanent. There's a new student and I offered to show her around. Principal Morita asked if I could come in a little earlier, and he said I could miss first period just in case it took some time to show her around." Pansy grinned.

"You get to miss first period?!" Leon asked, stumbling downstairs with his backpack on one shoulder, his jacket thrown hastily on his back and threatening to slide to the floor, his laptop in one hand and a sock which he was trying to put on in the other.

"That's not why I offered to show the girl around, but yes. And what the f--"

"Pansy," Lisa warned with a small smile.

"Right. What the hell is wrong with you, you're barely ready." Pansy said, looking her older brother up and down.

"I heard you were leaving early, and I didn't want you to leave without me, so I rushed. Don't worry, I'll only be a second." Leon said, slipping on his sock and then putting his laptop into his bag before catching his jacket and dropping his bag.

"I'm not worried, you just look stupid. You wanna come meet the new kid?" Pansy asked.

"Will I get to skip first period?" Leon asked.

"I'll try and work something out with Morita," Pansy said.

"Yes!"

"While I normally wouldn't like you two to be skipping any part of school, I'll let it slide since you've both been doing very well in your classes," Lisa said.

"Thanks, Mom," Pansy said.

"Yeah, thanks, Mom. Besides, it's not that we just wanna skip lessons, that's just a bonus. I just like meeting new students - everyone in our year is kinda dry, aside from our friends." Leon said.

"I know. You two don't actively try to skip school that often, I trust you both." Lisa said, before standing and ruffling Pansy and Leon's hair.

"Have a good day and don't scare off this new kid. Be safe, I love you." Lisa smiled at her kids before turning back to her work as they walked out the door.

"So, what's the new kid's name?" Leon asked.

"I think their last name was Everdean...oh! Dorothy Everdean." Pansy nodded.

"Wow...sounds like a fantasy character. Kinda disappointed it's not a guy though. I was hoping I could make a few moves on a fresh face this year." Leon sighed.

"Hey, for all you know, Dorothy could be a cute guy. But if they aren't, maybe it's for the better." Pansy rolled her eyes at her brother.

"What are you implying?" Leon asked.

"That you're a big flirt? You hit on every guy in our year and a few in the year above." Pansy smirked.

"Well, at least I haven't been fawning over my brother's best friend since last year." Leon grinned back, causing Pansy's expression to drop. She lightly hit his shoulder and groaned at his remark.

"Three years and Logan still hasn't asked me out." She sighed.

"Maybe you should take an interest in other guys?" Leon suggested.

"But...it's Logan! Logan Holt, for fuck's sake! He's the nicest guy on the football team!" Pansy smiled.

"Excuse me? I'm the nicest guy on the team! And if you call it football instead of soccer, everyone else will start crying." Leon argues.

"Yeah, okay. Anyways, Logan's sweet, he's attractive and he's completely different from all the guys back in Birmingham."

"That's 'cause all the guys back there were chavs and roadmen. Why do you think none of my friends back there were guys?" Leon said.

"That's...ok, fair point. But I like Logan! I mean, would it kill you to help me out with him? You're the one with all the charisma." Pansy said.

"I do help you out! I always make a point to talk to you after practice or when we have a break in between games, which prompts him to talk to you. Appreciate my effort, please!" Leon complained about a grin.

"Yeah, thanks." Pansy rolled her eyes as they began to approach the school, immediately making a beeline for the principal's office.

"I knock, you speak?" Leon suggested with a sheepish and nervous grin.

"Oh my God." Pansy rolled once again as she knocked and pushed open the door.

They were met with a bubbly Principal Morita and a seemingly scrawny blonde boy with short mousy hair wearing a plain white dress shirt and black pants, one sleeve rolled up to his elbow while he grasped the other, yanking it further down his arm. His face was filled with curiosity at the Webster twins and his half-forced smile was dripping with anxiety.

"Ah! Here she is, Miss Webster. And I see you brought your twin brother." Morita nods.

"Oh, yeah, hope that's ok." Pansy shrugged.

"Yes, that's alright! As long as it's only you two, I wouldn't want to have too many students missing class." Morita smiled.

"Of course, sir." Leon grinned, before turning to the new student in question and waving kindly.

"Hi, I'm Leon and this is Pansy." He introduced himself and Pansy, making the kid feel a little more at ease.

"Dorian Everdean. It's nice to meet you." He said, offering the pair another shy grin.

"You too." Pansy smiled warmly.

"Wait, but I thought your name was--?" Leon started before being cut off.

"We should probably start that tour, huh? Wouldn't want to miss too much of biology." Pansy said, interrupting her brother after noticing the slightly uncomfortable look on Dorian's face.

"Oh, uh, yeah...we'll get going." Leon nodded going along with his sister curiously.

"Great! Dorian, you're in good hands!" Morita smiled again cheerily before the three left the office.

"Oh God, I thought he'd never stop talking." Pansy breathed as soon as they were out of hearing range.

"Right? Principal Morita is a great guy, really nice, but talks a lot." Leon said.

"Yeah, I can tell. Before you arrived he went on and on about the school." Dorian said.

"You had to suffer through his blabbering alone? Yeesh. What about your parents?" Pansy asked.

"Oh, uh, my dad was sleeping since he works a night shift. And my mom...was busy, I guess." Dorian said, hanging his head slightly lower.

"Ah. Hey, don't worry about it. I mean, you got us now." Leon said, throwing an arm around Dorian's shoulder. He felt him tense up underneath him and Pansy watched as his face flushed red.

"Hah...yeah, yeah." He squeaked out, a dazed smile on his face. Leon barely noticed as Pansy gave Dorian a small smirk.

"Oh, I see..." She mumbled.

"See what?" Leon asked as a flash of panic appeared on Dorian's face.

"Don't worry about it, Leon,"