Childhood friends

⚠️Bullying and mentions of suicide⚠️

(Past)

Ryota's POV

  I was walking outside when I was about six years old. Reading my first manga. First anime I got into. I loved every form of anime. When I got home I was probably gonna watch some on the TV. While I was reading, I wasn't really paying no attention to what was ahead of me and I ran into someone. Some tall kid that looked like he was gonna kill me. "S-Sorry.. I-I s-should of been l-looking where I was g-going.." His other friend came over to see the situation as he wanted to join too. "Yeah watch where you're going moron!" As he kicked the book out of my hands and stomped on it.

  "H-Hey! I was r-reading t-that!" As my eyes started to tear up. "What is the bitch gonna cry?! Cry like the little bitch you are!" As he laughed at me, pushing me to the ground. I was useless now. These kids were so much older than me. I had no idea what to do. The kid I bumped into snarled at me. "Next time, read your little gay books at home.." As they both walked away laughing. While I just sat on the ground useless as always.

  I picked up my book and it was destroyed. All the pages were black and was nearly ripped apart. I clinched my book as I placed it near my chest as I cried on the floor. This was normal for me to get picked on while I was outside or even at school. One time a girl put gum in my hair at school, it was hell getting it out. Then when I'm outside usually, I get trash thrown or even dumped on me while I was called names and laughed at. They took pictures to humiliate me. It worked like a charm every time. I honestly had no idea why they did it. I just wish things could change..

"Hey! Are you ok?" Someone came running over to me. It was a tall, skinny kid that had raggedy clothes on. Their black hair tangled up and marks on their face as if they're dirty. They looked like they haven't ate one bit. I just flinched because I thought they were gonna hurt me, but instead they lend out their hand. I looked up into their eyes and they smiled at me. I hesitantly took their hand as they pulled me up. "I saw mostly what happened, but why did they do that to you?" I tried to hold back my tears but it all came running down my face. "I-I don't k-know.. I-I just bumped i-into one of t-them. I s-said sorry, but t-they didn't l-listen!" As I wiped my tears with my sleeve.

  "If they come back I'll beat them up for you!" They said with a determined look on their face. "Y-You would?." I sniffed while my eyes were puffy. "That's what friends are for, right?"

  Friend? Did this kid call me their friend? I couldn't believe someone considered me a friend. I slightly smiled at them. "Y-Yeah friends.." As I laughed nervously. "So friend! What's your name?" They questioned me. "O-Oh! My n-name is Ryota Mitarai.. I'm p-pleased to meet y-you."

"Ryota? I like it! It's nice to meet you too, Ryota."

"S-So what's your name?" They looked down at me. "Well Ryota.. I don't really know my name.. Nor do I know anything about myself. I have no home, no family. So having a name is impossible for me to have.. I'm nothing like any other kid. I'm a nobody." I was shocked. They had nothing.. They even felt like nothing. But I had a nice solution. "You a-are something t-to me.. You're my b-best friend.. That's s-something, right? Can't c-change that!" They smiled and hugged me. I hugged back too.. Start of this long trim friendship.

  But of course things had to go down hill..

(Time passes)

  We're both in elementary school. I gave them the name Sagishi. They of course loved it. I also started to always lend them clothes and food from my home. Sometimes I would sneak them into my house. To let them sleep on my bed as I stayed up late to watch anime. I could say this. I totally started crushing on them. It was so weird when I realized, but I just wanted to be friends.. Until we are older, wasn't ready now. We walked down the halls and three kids came over as one of them pushed me into a wall. Then Sagishi started to stick up for me. "Leave him alone. He did nothing to you!" They just laughed at them. "Look the little fat nobody wants to stick up for the little freak!" One of them said as they laughed. Sagishi grabbed my arm and we ran off as the kids laughed at us. Saying rude things as we ran off. We luckily had class together. We walked into class and sat at our desks. I saw Sagishi really upset.