Café

Café AU

Ryota's POV

Beep beep!

   Blared my alarm clock in my ear. My eyes widened slowly as I stretched and yawned. Taking the blanket off of me and getting myself out of bed. Walking to my closet, getting out my uniform for work. I worked at a café. I have some employees I'm friends with. We talk sometimes, but I focus on my work mostly. I put on my uniform, placed my shoes on and walked out the door as I locked my door behind me. I walked to my car, got in and drove to my work.

   Eventually I made it to my job, getting out of my car and walked into the café. Going behind the counter. Seeing such little people in the building. People should be here soon. I thought to myself. Then my work friend Kazuichi came up to me, with a surprising smack on the back from him. I gasped and looked at him with an irritated look on my face. "T-That hurt man.." Kazuichi laughed at me. I just shrugged it off as usual. He was always the extroverted type. Just wanting to have a good time with everyone. Great guy, but not the ideal person to be dealing with in the morning. To make it worse getting a smack on the back by him. Sighed to myself and went to the cash register waiting for people to come in and out.

  As I waited at the cash register, some of my other workers came in along the way. Then finally we got our first customer. They came in and came up to me.

   "Good m-morning.. W-What would you like?" I asked them. "I would like a large latte, with a shot of espresso please." They told me as I put their order in for them. Kazuichi saw their order and started to make it for them. "T-That will be 512. 85¥.." I told them as they gave me their money. There I took it and put it in the register.

   After a bit, Kazuichi gave them their drink and they walked out of the door. "One down, a million to go." Kazuichi said in a joking manner. "T-Tell me about it.." I laughed at his smart ass remark. Wasn't the best, but it was still funny.

  There, many customers kept coming in and out. More than usual today of course. It wasn't near the end and I was already exhausted from work. Always the worst in the morning. I thought to myself, but I kept my head up for everyone that came in. Trying to not look like an asshole who hates their job.

   When standing at the cash register, someone came in. They came in with the brightest smile, they had long black hair that went to their shoulders. They just looked so amazing. Everything about them. So, I straightened my back. "Good morning.. W-What would you uhh like to order?" I asked them with a smile wider than normally. "I would like a..." They kept talking. I was drowned into their eyes. There was just something about them that made my day way better. I placed my elbow on the counter and leaned my head on my hand as I slowly kept getting closer to their face. I just couldn't help i-!

  "Um excuse me, did you hear me?" I jumped back, straightening myself back up. I got red in the face, started sweating like crazy and laughed nervously. "S-Sorry can you r-repeat that!" I asked them to repeat themselves. Man what was I doing. I feel so stupid. I thought to myself again. I probably looked so crazy just looking at them and not typing anything in. I hope they're not mad at me.

   They cleared their throat. "I would like a caramel ice coffee with extra cream and sugar.." I put it in this time as I kept quickly glancing at them. I didn't know what was going on. I couldn't seriously be crushing on a new customer. Things just can't happen that way. This is horrible, but I gotta be able to still do my job. "N-N-Name please.." As I got a crooked smile on my face. "Sagishi.." They then told me. It's such a nice name. I nodded my head as they walked to a table. I started daydreaming about them. I was really crushing on some customer I just met. I could be serving someone who already has a partner at home waiting for them. This was a nightmare, but the thought of them never left my head.