00

× ×

A story wherein Yeji gets to deal with her father every day, and wherein Yeonjun lives alone in an apartment next door to her. They were strangers, but they were similar. For both of them are just losers who want to find a chance to run away.

 For both of them are just losers who want to find a chance to run away

choi yeonjun
22 years old

choi yeonjun 22 years old

hwang yeji
22 years old

× ♡ ×

They say life's a beautiful journey, especially when there's light and happiness. You'll receive love in life, and find it the greatest gift ever given to you. The moment you found your purpose in life, everything suddenly seems alright and steadfast. Now, I am forming a mental picture of what I would be like if I had that kind of life.

A blur.

That's what I see.

I, Hwang Yeji, has no purpose, nor happiness or love in life.

My mother had me by accident. She still lives to this day, but does not have freedom because of my father. My father, a pathological drinker and abuses his wife everyday. He blames it on my mother for not achieving his dream to become a successful business man. He's blaming her for giving birth to me. Now, he has to take responsibility of what happened to them at such a young age, 16 to be exact.

I live everyday with regret, and the urge to end my life still lives within me. If I die today, would they be happier? If I die today, would my dad change and start treating my mother right. I doubt that. He's a selfless schmuck, and I'd lay my non-existent money on the certainty that he will not change.

I twisted our apartment door open, and found my mom sitting at the edge of the room, hugging her knees tightly, frightened. My father had once again hit her.

"What did he do this time?" I asked.

My mother raised her head and gave me a smile. She caresses my cheek as her last tear brought by pain falls down.

"Have I told you that you are the prettiest girl I have ever seen?" She asked, completely ignoring my question.

He must've hurt her badly again. When she answers me in this typical way, it only means that my father did something worse than a slap on her face.

I smiled at her, in return of the compliment she gave me. At least, I could serve as her light, even though I myself don't have that.

"I'm sorry," she whispers.

It confused me, but my questions were quickly answered when aunt Mira appeared standing on our doorstep with her usual Esse cigarette on her right hand. Aunt Mira is a manager of a strip club near our area. She has been pushing me to work as a stripper because of my pretty face, she's constantly talked to my mother about it, but she wouldn't agree, but I suppose it's different now.

I went up to aunt Mira, and gave me a smirk. "I knew you two would give in. First shift later tonight at 11 PM. Don't be late, understood?"

I glanced at my mother. My hands were trembling, that I fisted it, just to control my anger. My mother always told me I have a pretty face, but I never thought it would be the reason for her to sell me out in exchange for money.

"Is this your final decision, mom?" She bowed her head down, ignoring me once again.

"Fine. I'll be there."

I took another glance at my mom, and went to my bedroom. My tears uncontrollably went pouring down to my cheeks. Later tonight, I am not the owner of myself anymore.

"Get yourself ready. You're up in 30 minutes."

Aunt Mira threw me the outfit and the cosmetic bag. I immediately assumed that I have to copy the other dancers' look, masked with foundation and colors.

I removed the outfit from its black cover, and it revealed a black corset lace lingerie. The disgust filled me right away after sighting the outfit I was about to wear. Aunt Mira gave me a white silk robe, to strip it off me later.

Why am I even doing this? I could have just ran away. I told my father if he allows this, and of course he does. He'll allow anything for money.

After getting ready, one of the girls called my name, giving me a signal that I'm the next one to dance in front of a bunch of drunkards and drug addicts. As the heel of my shoe clinks on every step, I felt shivers running down my spine. My eyes started to water, and everything was a blur.

"She's new," one of the men said.

"She looks young," the other one muttered.

I'm scared.

I closed my eyes, and the music started. I did what Aunt Mira told me to do. Dance until the beat drops, that's when I have to strip.

I slowly removed the robe, and faced the crowd. My breathe hitched as I saw the lustful eyes gazing at me, or should I say, my body.

My ears started to ring. I couldn't hear anything around me anymore. Fuck. I'm about to faint, I am certain about that.

I closed my eyes as I held on the cold pole in front of me. Then, a warm cloth was suddenly wrapped around me. I felt someone breathing behind my neck. The men from the crowd started to boo and shout nonsense.

"Stop it." It was a male's voice.

"Don't do this," he added.

He asked me to walk away with him, but I couldn't even move an inch from my place. So, he carefully pulled me off the stage, and guided me out of the strip club. I could hear Aunt Mira's never-ending scream, but I didn't bother looking back. I despise that place. I will never go back there again.

This man who just pulled me away is a total stranger to me. I did not see his face. His voice is unfamiliar. Despite that, I feel safe around this man. And that is enough for me to trust him because I have never felt this comfort in my whole extistence.