09

yeji's pov

A chill runs down my spine as our eyes met. His neck and shirt were covered in blood, his hands were too. I couldn't stare at it any longer. I ran back to the car, still crying.

He was smiling. He was smiling to the man he had just killed. Why the fuck was he smiling like a damn maniac?

This was not the Yeonjun I met the first time. I know he would never kill someone! How could he do this? How can he make such unsafe decisions?!

My whole body is quivering in fear. Yeonjun walks out of the office. Our eyes met again, but he looked away. His attention averted to something above. The CCTVs. There are surveillance cameras here. He points the gun above, and bullseye, he broke the camera, and went inside the car.

He throws the gun to the compartment together with something he did not have a while ago when he arrived. A wallet. He did not just kill someone. He stole something from him too.

I remained silent. He removes his jacket and his shirt, and took another black sleeveless top. He wiped the blood on his body, and everything was erased. It was as if nothing happened except that he looked like he's been beaten up by gangsters from our street.

Both of us did not speak. He just simply drives off the place, and went somewhere.

30 minutes later, I spoke. "So..."

"This was the plan all along?" I asked.

He didn't reply. I checked my phone, and placed it down to my lap. I waited for an answer for about a minute, and I lost my cool.

"Fucking answer me, Yeonjun! WAS THIS YOUR PLAN?!"

"YES! This was the fucking plan b, and I am sorry for not telling you. Again, it was not my decision that you got dragged into this. Right? It was your fucking choice!"

"You could have just run away from that bastard, Choi Yeonjun!" He chuckles.

"Do you actually think I can fucking run away from them? They have all the access in this stupid country, Yeji. This was my only choice."

"Killing someone was your only choice? Is that what you're trying to imply? And steal from that dead person lying down on the Delivery office?!"

"YES! Now please, can you shut up because I can't think straight with this noise."

I tapped my fingers on the dashboard. My heart was racing too fast. I can't process everything. I sighed.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"I know what we're going through is hard. Let's just not do it again, huh? Let's live a normal life. Together." I hold onto Yeonjun's hand, and my heart sunk. It was shaking. It was shaking so much that I felt so bad for what he's going through.

I brushed through his hair, and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek.

"Let's go to a motel nearby. I'll pay for the night," I told him.

He followed what I said, and we arrived at the nearby motel. I paid for the expenses as promised, and we shared one bed. As we were making our way to the room, I could feel the staff and the guests staring at the both of us. Surely, for them, we're just a couple who's going to have a fun night. Little do they know, we're so done with the world that we need a good rest.

I opened the door for us, and he quickly sat on the corner of the bed. He grasped onto a handful of his hair, trying to calm himself down. I sat beside him, and brushed his hair to help him cool down his nerves. He looks at me, and his eyes were sad.

I have never felt so bad for someone ever before.

"I'm so sorry, Yeji. I'm really really sorry. I just- I can't keep living that life anymore. I had to do it. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. Sorry. Sorry."

He hugged me and his breath was shaking. He rests his head on my shoulder, and he starts to gasp for air. I gave him a bottle of water, and finally, he stopped panicking.

I leaned in for a kiss, and a response was given right away. He drops the open water bottle on the water, letting it spill down the carpet. He held onto my neck, and once again, the night turned out more passionate than we expected.

Both of us were lying down the bed side by side. I was brushing his hair as I rest onto his arm.

"Do you think there's life ahead of us?" He asked.

I couldn't answer. "I honestly don't know. We'll just have to keep living to find out, right?"

He laughs at me and gave me nod. Minutes after that both of us fell asleep.

I woke up to the sun hitting my eye, and Yeonjun was still asleep. I got up to pick up my clothes and change. I took my phone, and got out of the room.

I'm so sorry, Yeonjun.