1

"Hiatus Blues"

Hana sighed looking at the article open on her laptop. "Break ? The Boyz are on hiatus ?", she said only to herself. She looked around her room. The Boyz paraphernalia literally covered the room from posters to a cardboard cut out of Sunwoo. She was a Deobi after all.

Hana lived alone in Busan. She often visited her mother in Incheon when she could.

Her phone rang. "Hello ?" Her best friend, Kim Minji  had called. "You've seen it right ? The Boyz are going on hiatus." Hana pouted as she pulled her Jacob pillow into her lap. "I am looking at the article now."

Minji knew Hana was stressed, "It can't be bad. They deserve a good break. Don't you think ?" Hana was well aware the struggles idols faced everyday. "It is good. I am just worried it is too sudden."

Minji decided to change the subject of conversation. "Why don't you stay off the internet, hmm ? Watch some Netflix or something ?" Hana closed her laptop & switched to her tv. "Call you later ?" Soon enough their call ended.

Meanwhile...

The Boyz were being driven by their management team to Busan. It was only a few of the members. "Deobi are worried. How do we handle this ?", Changmin asked looking through mostly Twitter (X).

They all were aware Deobi were concerned. Their management sighed, "I know you want to address the fans, but we can't allow that. This break is much needed." Chanhee rolled his eyes. This was a much needed break, but it was at the expense of worrying Deobi. "How are we to reassure Deobi ?"

The management nodded. It was always about Deobi, "You can regularly post online as you wish. Just refrain from doing any VLIVES. Take your break peacefully. We can't afford fans hunting you down right now."

The ride would take about three hours to get to Busan. They all  sighed in unison. There was no way around it. Deobi were just going to have to be a little disappointed for a while. No matter how much they didn't wish to disappoint anyone.

Back in Busan...

Hana couldn't help herself. She paused her Netflix opening her laptop. She was in a frenzy of anxiety. She stumbled upon a post on Tumblr from an unclarified Kpop fan. It was probably like that to avoid fan wars. Maybe an alter account.

The post:

The five members have announced a hiatus. Will the other six members be joining them ? It isn't indefinite, but can be expected to be extended at anytime.

This was quite expected on my end. The constant scandals & stress can weigh down on anyone. If you are unaware, let me fill you in.

Members Q & Hyunjae seem to be entangled in a scandal of inside fighting within the kpop group. New & Eric have been accused of having atrocious attitudes with management, staff, & even other members.

There is a borderline creepy speculation that the highly shipped romance between Juyeon & Hyunjae (Often coined as JuJae) is real & a result of the sudden hiatus. 

With that, my update is finished.

Hana reread the post a few times. "Could this really be why they called hiatus ? Who would believe any of this ?", she said to herself growing more frustrated.

Hana answered her phone on the way to her kitchen. "Yes, Dad ?" Her father was glad to hear her voice. Last they talked was a week ago. "Mr. Ji called me. People are renting out his house across the street."

Hana was shocked, "Really ? Why would he tell you that ?" Her father let out a sigh. "We talk, Hana. Besides I offered your services to be a good neighbor."

Hana opened her fridge. "Services ? Like what ?" Her father chuckled, "Like go clean up occasionally, be a friendly face, & keep your mouth shut. Those kind of services." Hana rolled her eyes. "Keep my mouth shut ? Who is moving into Mr. Ji' house then ?"

Of course, her father told her nothing. The call abruptly ended. There was no use wondering. So she gathered her art materials & turned on some music.