Chapter 14: The newfound passage.

*Today we get ready to make way and learn more about the journey Amelia and (Y/n) undertake and what the perilous journey's purpose truly is. Together they must sail this uncertain path to find a way to come back alive if not for themselves...for each other.*

It was a whole different feeling for (Y/n). Being at the helm overlooking the entire deck of the RLS Legacy, He had never actually stepped foot near the helm during the first journey.

Mostly because he was tied to the mainmast the whole time.

(Y/n) smiled to himself as he gripped the helm and closed his eyes imagining it was just him and the ship sailing through the vast galaxy.

As (Y/n) lost himself in the fantasy imaging the feeling of the freedom of chartering his own course. The man was so lost in his fantasy he did not acknowledge Amelia's presence at first until she had cleared her throat.

The sudden noise broke (Y/n) from his daydream and the man turned to face his lover his left hand still held the helm steady.

Amelia let a soft smile cross her face in greeting and she walked up beside the helm with her arms behind her back as she too surveyed the crew.

"It's different up here isn't it?" Amelia asked softly as the two watched the crew members bustle about aboard the Legacy aimlessly all eagerly awaiting for the ship to make way.

"Yeah, it truly is. I never thought I would become a first mate." (Y/n) said as he admired the polished metal and wood that made up the wheel of the RLS Legacy.

Amelia watched the man with fondness as he admired his new station, she knew he was the right person for this job but it mildly surprised her when he asked to man the helm as well.

When she asked him why out of simple curiosity, (Y/n) claimed it was because it kept him alert. That, and she guessed he liked to have control of when and where he wishes to die if they were to crash.

But she doubted that. It would not be the first time (Y/n) had manned the helm aboard a ship. Amelia recalled when (Y/n) told her of his days pirating, that the man used to be a helmsman under his Captain's charge and a good one at that.

Which was why Amelia gave him the job without opposition. Now, her dearest was not only her First Mate but also the Helmsman of the RLS Legacy.

"So, what is taking us so long? The crew is itching to sail." (Y/n) asked Amelia drawing the feline woman out of her thoughts.

Amelia rested her hand on his shoulder in a gesture that told him not to worry, making the ex-pirate smile.

"Don't fret Mr.(L/n) we will be ready to make way soon," Amelia said patting his shoulder then resting her hand behind her back with her other and maintained her commanding aura.

"Mr.(L/n)? what happened to 'my love?' or 'My dearest?' Don't tell me you got tired of me already?" (Y/n) joked slightly hoping that his joke was not reality.

Amelia let a smile cross her face for a brief moment.

"Hardly, it just..." Amelia paused then let out a frustrated sigh.

"As much as I love our newfound relationship, I do not want it to affect our stations nor the crew's view of either of us in that respect. I'm sure you built up a reputation of being a bloodthirsty pirate and tough sailor whilst I built up my own reputation. I would hate to diminish reputations both of us spent years maintaining." Amelia stated, her voice a bit forlorn in her admittance.

(Y/n) blinked in surprise, there were many big words in that sentence but he understood the point Amelia was trying to make, or at least he thought so.