Chapter 8: A lonesome navigator.

*In this Chapter Jim returns with a new ally whilst Feral Amelia is still clinging to (Y/n). What new information will this new face bring in regards to the treasure? If you watched the movie you would know!*

"Amelia, would you please let go of me?" (Y/n) would ask the feline alien every so often.

Amelia would simply nuzzle herself closer tightening her grip on (Y/n) but never enough to hurt.

(Y/n) sighed annoyed, sure he was glad Amelia no longer acted as she hated him.

But he didn't know if this was any better.

(Y/n) had to bridal carry Amelia around if he wished to go somewhere, he didn't mind at first she was very light.

But fatigue was a bitch.

Eventually, (Y/n) figured out that when Amelia would doze off in his arms. His attempt to dislodge her from his torso would only stir her.

Like a wild animal.

As long as she could still smell his scent she would think he was still there.

So carefully, he would shed himself of his coat and nestle it in her arms the fabric close to her face so she could smell his scent.

It worked.

Smiling at his genius he danced in victory a few feet away then froze when Amelia stirred.

(Y/n) did an excellent imitation of a statue and for whatever reason so did Doppler.

Amelia shifted and buried her face closer to the fabric with a blissful sigh.

(Y/n) looked her over with a smile, he had to admit he liked the sudden attention from Amelia plus she was sort of adorable like this.

(Y/n) then furrowed his brow when Amelia let out a soft whine from the pain in her side.

"Doctor. Is it...okay for her to sleep while she has that injury? She won't die will she?"

Doctor Doppler hummed in thought.

"No she is fine, I think. The Captain may have bruised her ribs or at least fractured them. Worse case is they are broken but I doubt it."

"Well thank you for patching her up, even if you aren't a medical doctor." (Y/n) said with a smile.

"As for her other...ailment?" (Y/n) asked curtly.

Doppler hummed for a moment.

"No idea honestly, I'm an astronomer Mr.(l/n), not a medic. Could be anything." Doppler stated unhelpfully.

(Y/n)'s shoulders slumped and he let out a short unamused huff.

"No!...mmnph...mine! You frivolous floozies! he's mine." A voice murmured behind (Y/n). Turning around, he was surprised to hear Amelia talking in her sleep.

Amelia hissed again at nothing. Her eyes still were closed but her brows furrowed in anger.

(Y/n) blushed at her words, he was in her dreams?

(Y/) had no time to think about the discovery Jim had come bursting from the woods startling (Y/n) and the good doctor.

(Y/n) reflexively aimed the rifle at the sudden intruder whilst Doppler instinctively hid behind him.

Typical.

Jim raised his arms at the rifle not expecting the rifle to be aimed at him.

"Hey! Hey! It's just me! calm down (Y/N)." Jim said easing (Y/n)'s weariness.