The night before disaster

"If we can find out how to activate the machine, then we can transport to a alternate universe, but only one problem. The machine is in weak condition so anything can happen, if this goes wrong it will take another 200 years to construct another one. So by all means, we should wait a while longer, at lest once it is fixed up more." The lady scientists said on the phone. "No! I've waited a long time for this! I need it to be activated as soon as possible. Now get to work!!" The man on the other end of the phone hang up and aggressively grabs a photo of Bluey's family. "Soon, I will have my revenge. Make no mistake about it." Meanwhile at the science lab the Lady on the phone asked one of the main scientists. "Is it ready?" "No, not yet. We should be done soon." The man scientists said. "Sir! I got it! Would you like me to activate the machine now?" a scientists on a computer said. "Why of course, activate it immediately." "Yes sir." He pushed "y" on the keyboard and the machines light was blinking white and red. "That's not supposed to happen!!!" The lady said. A portal opens up. It looked like space, but if it had a huge rip in it. Objects were being pulled into the whole and..........BOOM!!! It exploded. In the rubble where 9 characters that looked about the age of 12 or 13, but before she could see who they are, she fell unconscious.