Chapter 11

A/n

I am so so so so SO sorry 😭. I lost interest and forgot about this book. ik I'm a horrible human being and don't deserve to have readers 😔. But I wrote something for you guys! I hope this makes up for it at least a little bit.

Y/n POV

My shift had just ended and I stood outside the cafe. My phone was to my ear but I wasn't listening. Tears came down my face without permission. I couldn't believe this.

"I know you probably don't want to but... I figured-"

"Juicy I- I don't know, it's a lot to think about.."
" whatever you need. " I could practically feel his sweetness dripping through my phone.
"Okay. Bye."
" Bye. "

I slid down the side of the little building, and hugged my knees. I buried my face in my arms and just cried. A throat cleared behind me.

"What do you fucking want Cray?!" I screamed, turning to him.

But my steely eyes didn't meet hard ones back. His were soft, compassionate, and had something deeper that I couldn't quite make out. He just sat down beside me looking at the same view I had; a concrete wall and some trash bins.

We sat there, in silence. I'm not sure when, but sometime he grabbed my hand. He held it softly, tracing imaginary patterns on the back with his thumb.

"You wanna tell me what's wrong?" He spoke in almost a whisper.
I shook my head and responded by giving him a hug. "Ok." He spoke.

" you need a ride home? " he asked softly. I nodded.
"Alright. Can u walk ok?"
" Yeah. " I mumbed.

Before I could stand up, he swiftly plucked me from the ground and held me bridal style.

"What the fuck, Cray!" I giggled.

He responded with a wink and walked out to the front. He gently set me on he back of his motorcycle, and handed me an extra helmet. He asked if I was ready, and I gave a nervous nod. Truth was I had never really been on a motorcycle before.

We started off down main street faster then I expected, and my hands found his waist. So off we went, but little did I know someone was watching from a nearby car.

(?) POV

Someone had the brilliant idea that I should go pick Y/n up from work. And, as one would do, i started the car and began to drive. I thought of all the crazy escapades The Boys and Y/n had been on so far.

From getting drunk at four am, to her spending the night for the first time. We'd actually been through a lot. I pulled up on the across the street from the cafe, and was about to text Y/n when I glanced to the side.

There she was. Crying. I almost got out and ran to her, except I saw someone rounding the corner. She stared at him for a moment before looking back down. He sat beside her and subtly held her hand.

I'm not jealous.  Not jealous.   Not.    Jealous.

Then she hugged him. I'd be lying if I said I was fine. But what could I do? Walk in there and beat the guy up? Pretend I was out for a walk and happen to bump into her?

The guy stood up and took her with him, fucking carrying her!

I opened the car door abruptly and started to cross the street. He handed her a helmet. I began to walk faster. She nodded. By now I was running, but it was to late. They were both already gone. I took a deep breath trying to comprehend what just happened.

She was gone with some low life creep. I stood halfway between my car and the little coffee shop; witch happened to mean that I was in the middle of the road. Three steps. I was three steps away from her. And yet, it seemed like she was in another world. I sighed and turned to go back to my car when halfway I noticed something.

Damn it.

Y/n POV

I was breathless when we reached my house. I loved the ride, and yet, at the same, completely hated it.

"Well? We're here." He smirked. I remained seated on the back of his motorcycle, hands still gripping his waist for dear life.

He sighed before carefully stepping off, and lifting me after him. He set me on the ground and smiled slightly. His expression was unreadable. We stood like that for a minute. Just me and him. Something in his sea green eyes pulled me closer. I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you." I whispered.

He nervously ran a hand through his auburn hair. I looked up at him, smiling. That's when my phone rang. (Face. Palm.)

"I uh- I better take this.." I began. He muttered a simple ' yeah'.

I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

" Y/n, come to the hospital..."

"..."

"Grant got hit by a what?!"